Tk and cygwin
Author Message
 Tk and cygwin

hello

I develop an application under linux that works very well, but I would
like to have windows users can use it too.

so I installed the "one click install" under NT (it's 1.6 version with
cygwin/i386)
but the application crash in  some cases with the tk library (seg
faults)

 - when I close the window with the "x" button
 - when I try to display a window into a canvas
 - whith some fonts (_utf8)

what can I do for that ? I think it would be great if ruby/tk apps could
be used by windows users too.

PS:
 tk question: can I keep user from closing a window with the 'x' button
?
  ( the bind callback is called *after* the window is closed )

friendly,
jf

/ La vie, c'est ce qui arrive quand on a \
\ d'autres projets. - John Lennon -      /
        \   ^__^
         \  (oo)\_______
            (__)\       )\/\
                ||----w |
                ||     ||

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:29:15 GMT
 Tk and cygwin
Hi,

Subject: Tk and cygwin
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:23:00 +0900

Quote:
> PS:
>  tk question: can I keep user from closing a window with the 'x' button ?
>   ( the bind callback is called *after* the window is closed )

Please try TkRoot/TkToplevel#protocol method (See Wm module).
e.g
--------------------------------
require 'tk'
TkRoot.new.protocol('WM_DELETE_WINDOW', proc{p "Ouch!!\n"})
Tk.mainloop
--------------------------------
--

Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:02:17 GMT

1. tk -i386-cygwin segmentation fault

2. tcl /tk on cygwin + mouse wheel event

3. Tcl/Tk under cygwin?

4. Tk on cygwin using X11

5. Building TCL/TK with cygwin

6. Compile Tk with Cygwin B20.1

7. memory problem with cygwin/gfortran and cygwin/g77

8. Hugs, Cygwin, and Tk (FranTk)

9. Ruby/Tk hangs on cygwin

10. Compiling Ruby with cygwin and Tk support

11. Tcl/Tk , Xlib problems with Cygwin

12. Call for new maintainer of Tcl/Tk Cygwin port