postgresql question
Author Message
 postgresql question

I'm brand new to using postgresql.  I'm real familiar with M$ sqlserver and
I use Ruby and ado quite a bit.  However, I'm looking at Postgresql now and
have examined the dbi modules that come with the windows installer.  I can't
seem to find any examples (simple ones are fine) for connecting to a
postgresql database and making a query.  I've been up at the ruby-talk
archives and can't find something really straight forward.  Does a
documentation file exist for dbi and postgresql?
Does documenttion for dbi exist?  Where can I find them?

Thanks in advance,

Ernie

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:39:27 GMT
 postgresql question

Quote:

> I'm brand new to using postgresql.  I'm real familiar with M$ sqlserver and
> I use Ruby and ado quite a bit.  However, I'm looking at Postgresql now and
> have examined the dbi modules that come with the windows installer.  I can't
> seem to find any examples (simple ones are fine) for connecting to a
> postgresql database and making a query.  I've been up at the ruby-talk
> archives and can't find something really straight forward.  Does a
> documentation file exist for dbi and postgresql?
> Does documenttion for dbi exist?  Where can I find them?

There's little documentation about DBI on http://ruby-dbi.sourceforge.net/
(see the example at the end of the page as well as the Documentation section).

This one is also a very good article about Ruby/DBI:

http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-dbi.html

You can find further information about Ruby/DBI (a whole chapter) in the book
Ruby Developers Guide.

Regards,

  Michael

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 18:32:34 GMT
 postgresql question

Quote:

> Does documenttion for dbi exist?  Where can I find them?

Grab the source tarball from raa, then look at the doc/ and examples/
subdirectories.

Regards,

Brian.

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:01:55 GMT

1. PostgreSQL question

2. MySQL/PostgreSQL Question

3. Question: Recommended Postgresql interface?

4. Newbie question - Tcl with postgreSQL

5. PostGreSQL ODBC 3.0 Error

6. PostgreSQL connectivity

7. : PostgreSQL

8. Store and PostgreSQL installDatabaseTables problem

9. [VAST][PostgreSQL] updated client

10. Heavy PostgreSQL users

11. PostgreSQL install dependency problem

12. PostgreSQL for VisualWorks