I've noted that mainloop() consumes too much cpu. Did you note the same thing?
--
Yours truly, WBR, Paul Argentoff.

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 18:26:50 GMT
 Ruby/Tk Q
Hi,

Subject: Ruby/Tk Q
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:26:50 +0900

Quote:
> I've noted that mainloop() consumes too much cpu. Did you note the same thing?

I know. But I don't find an idea to fix the problem yet.
Please see ruby-talk-ML:56401, 59868, and mails related to them.
--

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 22:11:38 GMT
 Ruby/Tk Q

I had to create a thread to do what I wanted and a second for the tk
mainloop running at a lower priority so that I could get done what I wanted
in a reasonable amount of time.

Tom Reilly

Quote:
>Hi ppl.

>I've noted that mainloop() consumes too much cpu. Did you note the same
>thing?
>--
>Yours truly, WBR, Paul Argentoff.

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 06:56:29 GMT

1. New newbies Qs on Ruby

2. Newbie Qs: startup time, Module.constants, chdir, Ruby distro's library

3. Qs on Ruby and DbC/Smalltalk

4. interactive ruby/tk app (was: ruby/tk internals)

5. TCL/TK rookie...w/ [Qs]...need examples

6. Ruby/Tk - never did Tcl/Tk or Perl/Tk

7. Ruby: Ruby/Tk widget demo

8. Ruby/Tk update (for Ruby 1.8.x)

9. Tk under Ruby [newbie to ruby]

10. pthread trouble with ruby-opengl on FreeBSD (was: Re: [announcement] Ruby 3D Ruby)

11. Ruby books (Ruby NG FAQ, Ruby FAQ, home page)

12. several Qs