Dir.glob and space in folders names
Author Message
 Dir.glob and space in folders names

Hello,

I'm using ruby1.6.8[1] and this Dir.glob fails:

"[]"

"[]"

I suppose this is not a real bug, so is there a workaround to make this
work ?

ruby 1.6.8 (2002-12-24) [i386-linux]

Thanks for you clues :)
--
Pierre Baillet
Pour qu'il y ait le moins de mcontents possible,

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:08:14 GMT
 Dir.glob and space in folders names

P> I'm using ruby1.6.8[1] and this Dir.glob fails:

 it's corrected in 1.8

pigeon% /usr/bin/ruby -ve 'p Dir.glob("a b/*")'
ruby 1.6.8 (2002-12-24) [i686-linux]
[]
pigeon%

pigeon% ruby -ve 'p Dir.glob("a b/*")'
ruby 1.8.0 (2003-03-23) [i686-linux]
["a b/c"]
pigeon%

Guy Decoux

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:14:49 GMT
 Dir.glob and space in folders names
Guy,

thanks for your quick reply.

This bugs triggers a problem in PragDave rublog.

I wonder (sorry for my ignorance) if 1.8 is on the way to be packaged
(as 1.7 is in the debian and is supposed to be an unstable version) ?

I stumbled over Akira Yamada webpage[1] which describes two apt
sources[2] for debian, but they doesn't seem to contain any ruby1.8 version.

Thanks for any hint :)

Quote:

1: http://arika.org/ruby/
2: deb http://deb.ruby-lang.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
   deb http://deb.ruby-lang.org/debian project/experimental/

--
Pierre Baillet
          If you want the answers, you better get ready for the fire

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:38:40 GMT
 Dir.glob and space in folders names

Quote:

> Guy,
> thanks for your quick reply.
> This bugs triggers a problem in PragDave rublog.
> I wonder (sorry for my ignorance) if 1.8 is on the way to be packaged
> (as 1.7 is in the debian and is supposed to be an unstable version) ?
> I stumbled over Akira Yamada webpage[1] which describes two apt
> sources[2] for debian, but they doesn't seem to contain any ruby1.8 version.
> Thanks for any hint :)

Ruby 1.8 hasn't been finalised yet.  You can download a preview
package, or build your own from CVS, but in the meantime, you may be
better off with 1.7, depending on your requirements.

Gavin

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:38:06 GMT

1. FTP : get dir name with space caracters embedded + is ther something quicker than LIST

2. Bug in backslash-escapes in Dir.glob

3. Name spaces - instantiation labels and entity names

4. dir listings on the fly with spaces

5. Dir.glob => Enumerable.glob?

6. glob and native names

7. Problem with glob and directory path names on Windows

8. Problem with glob and directory path names

9. ? Get file names fro diff dir

10. Can't Obtain ANY dir names

11. Speeding up glob.glob?

12. open returns sub-dir names