Switching stdin from program to data
Author Message
 Switching stdin from program to data

I'm looking for an *easy* way to get ruby to switch from reading the program
from stdin to reading data from stdin interactively. A definitive statement
that there is no easy way would be almost as good because then I'd either
write my program out to a file and launch it from there or copy irb and use
Readline. I can't help but think I'm missing something obvious though.

TIA
-Chris
--
Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye
level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain. -Henry

Sun, 08 Aug 2004 12:45:27 GMT

1. program and data via stdin

2. How to read unformatted data from stdin?

3. How to discard data in stdin

4. creating image from stdin data

5. using sys.stdin.raw_input and sys.stdin.readline together in a platform independent way

6. Data goes Bye Bye when switching to Outlook

7. SetPath() Question when Switching Data Paths

8. REXXPERTS: Multitasking/Piping with REXX into a program that uses stdin

9. Inout-Problem: Bidirectional Data-Switch

10. Reading data from an ATM card/switch

11. Capturing Stdin/Stdout while calling external programs?

12. serial comm program v.s. stdin in tcsh