Core dumps with FX/Ruby tables
Author Message
 Core dumps with FX/Ruby tables

I'm running the Pragmatic Programmer's install for
Windows (1.6.7 ... not sure which specific version
of the installer).

Every time I try to do anything relatively trivial
with an FXTable object, like trying to set the
column width for an item using
FXTable.setColumnWidth(), I get a core dump with a
[BUG] prefix.

Any suggestions as to how to debug what's going on?

I'll probably upgrade to the latest version of the
installer in a minute, but I figured I'd ask
first, to see if this is a known problem, to
potentially save the download.

TIA

------------------------------------
Harry Ohlsen
QIQ Solutions

Web:     http://www.*-*-*.com/
Phone:  +61 2 9209 4171

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:11:14 GMT
 Core dumps with FX/Ruby tables
I'm still having this problem, having moved to 1.6.8.

However, I was able to almost get around it by
setting the default column width, rather than
explicitly setting the column widths for the
separate columns.

I'd still be interested in seeing some code that
sets column widths.

I'd also be interested in seeing code that sets
the justification for a TableItem to something
other than centred (or right-justified, which
seems to be the default).  I actually want
left-justified, but haven't been able to find the
LEFT, RIGHT, TOP and BOTTOM constants the RDoc
documentation refers to.

I even did a search through the source code
directory, but didn't find them.

TIA

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:36:28 GMT
 Core dumps with FX/Ruby tables
I'm also getting "[BUG] segmentation fault" with FXRuby-1.0.19
and Ruby 1.6.8 on win32 when trying to run the example on
page 338 in "The Ruby Way".  Any ideas on fixing this?
Thanks!
-- Glenn Lewis

Quote:

> I'm still having this problem, having moved to 1.6.8.

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:44:41 GMT

1. _tkinter makes core dump (Re: python links with Tk in OS/2 - but core dumps)

2. To dump core or not to dump core

3. Another ruby core dump

4. ruby core dump (1.6.8 on FreeBSD)

5. Ruby 1.6.7 core dump

6. Ruby/Tk core dump

7. core or core dump file ?

8. FX RUBY Dialog print

9. Drag and Drop example for FX/Ruby?

10. Yet another FX/Ruby question

11. FX/Ruby status line

12. Does FX/Ruby have some standard icons?