Ruby tutorial - update
Author Message
 Ruby tutorial - update

Hello everyone,

For those who are interested in the Ruby tutorial, I just finished a long
series of updates.  You can find it here:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~dcarrera/ruby/0.2/

I have not added any new topics.  I have mostly been making modifications
to what I already had:

Changes:
-  Replaced almost all examples by screenshots.
-  Added/rewrote a few sections here and there to make concepts clearer.
-  Formatting changes to make it a bit more attractive.

I'm just finishing Chapter II.  You will find that Chapter III is blank.
It's just a place-holder to help me organize the ideas of what I am
*going* to do eventually.

I'm very happy with what I've done.  I think that the tutorial is comming
along well.

Cheers,
Daniel Carrera
Graduate Teaching Assistant.  Math Dept.
University of Maryland.  (301) 405-5137

Mon, 30 May 2005 15:18:23 GMT
 Ruby tutorial - update

Quote:
> I'm very happy with what I've done.  I think that the tutorial is comming
> along well.

It makes me want to learn Ruby :-)

Mikkel

Tue, 31 May 2005 08:17:53 GMT
 Ruby tutorial - update

> Hello everyone,

> For those who are interested in the Ruby tutorial, I just finished a long
> series of updates.  You can find it here:

> http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/ruby/0.2/

[...]
> I'm very happy with what I've done.  I think that the tutorial is comming
> along well.

Very nice!!!!

Thank you for creating this.  I have passed it along to a friend
who I think it's almost perfect for!

Thanks,

Regards,

Bill

Tue, 31 May 2005 09:12:16 GMT
 Ruby tutorial - update

Quote:

> > For those who are interested in the Ruby tutorial, I just finished a long
> > series of updates.  You can find it here:

> > http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/ruby/0.2/

> [...]
> > I'm very happy with what I've done.  I think that the tutorial is comming
> > along well.

EXTREMELY well done.

(As the author of 2 Java tutorials, I can tell you that I wish I
had written this one! A breezy, fun intro to the language with,
O-O concepts along the way.)

Tue, 31 May 2005 09:45:28 GMT
 Ruby tutorial - update
This is helping me learn the language as I type! Well.. sort of...
You know what I mean.

Jason

Quote:

>>>For those who are interested in the Ruby tutorial, I just finished a long
>>>series of updates.  You can find it here:

>>>http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/ruby/0.2/

>>[...]

>>>I'm very happy with what I've done.  I think that the tutorial is comming
>>>along well.

>EXTREMELY well done.

>(As the author of 2 Java tutorials, I can tell you that I wish I
>had written this one! A breezy, fun intro to the language with,
>O-O concepts along the way.)

Tue, 31 May 2005 10:01:01 GMT
 Ruby tutorial - update

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~dcarrera/ruby/0.2/

Nice.

Could you please put way to navigate between all the pages (instead of
putting the valid XHTML/CSS icons) ?

Going into one chapter and having to go back to go the next one is a bit
cumbersome IMO.

Thanks for doing this tutorial.
--

Usenet C{*filter*}Historique                   FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!

Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:07:05 GMT
 Ruby tutorial - update
Yes, I'll begin doing that tonight.  I didn't at first because te whole
tutorial was constantly changing. But now that the first few chapters are
sort of done, I can begin working on navigation.

I broke my arm last Thursday, so I can only add to the tutorial slowly.

Daniel Carrera
Graduate Teaching Assistant.  Math Dept.
University of Maryland.  (301) 405-5137

Quote:

> [courtesy cc of this posting sent to cited author via email]

> > http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~dcarrera/ruby/0.2/

> Nice.

> Could you please put way to navigate between all the pages (instead of
> putting the valid XHTML/CSS icons) ?

> Going into one chapter and having to go back to go the next one is a bit
> cumbersome IMO.

> Thanks for doing this tutorial.
> --

> Usenet C{*filter*}Historique                   FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!

Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:40:02 GMT

1. Ruby/Tk update (for Ruby 1.8.x)

2. ruby tutorial

3. Ruby Babysteps Tutorial #1 online

4. ruby web programming tutorial

5. tutorial on embedding ruby (review)

6. Ruby tutorial download

7. Ruby tutorial question;

8. Ruby and Mysql Tutorial

9. Ruby Tutorial at the Netobjectdays in Erfurt, Germany, 8th of October

10. Ruby tutorial for Perl hackers?

11. Need some Ruby/Tk tutorial or manual...

12. Basic OO Tutorial, Ruby & Perl