rdoc: embarrassingly minor complaint
Author Message
 rdoc: embarrassingly minor complaint

Posted in the hope that someone (i) agrees with me and (ii) has the
design skills to do something about it: rdoc is an excellent tool, but
the font and colour combinations in the default output have always
seemed vaguely clunky to me.  Nothing I can pinpoint, but compare CPAN's
doc generator output
http://www.*-*-*.com/ 's
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
cleaner feel to it.

martin

Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:15:56 GMT
 rdoc: embarrassingly minor complaint

Quote:

> Posted in the hope that someone (i) agrees with me and (ii) has the
> design skills to do something about it: rdoc is an excellent tool, but
> the font and colour combinations in the default output have always
> seemed vaguely clunky to me.  Nothing I can pinpoint, but compare CPAN's
> doc generator output
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Algorithm-Permute/Permute.pm with rdoc's
> http://jimweirich.umlcoop.net/software/rake/ - the former has a crisper,
> cleaner feel to it.

I'd love to have folks submit templates that produce better-looking output.

Cheers

Dave

Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:46:44 GMT
 rdoc: embarrassingly minor complaint

Quote:

> I'd love to have folks submit templates that produce better-looking output.

Won't be me, I'm afraid - my sole brush with web design is my
practically plaintext homepage. Just thought I'd raise the issue.

martin

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 01:58:05 GMT
 rdoc: embarrassingly minor complaint

Quote:

>> Posted in the hope that someone (i) agrees with me and (ii) has the
>> design skills to do something about it: rdoc is an excellent tool, but
>> the font and colour combinations in the default output have always
>> seemed vaguely clunky to me.  Nothing I can pinpoint, but compare CPAN's
>> doc generator output
>> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Algorithm-Permute/Permute.pm with rdoc's
>> http://jimweirich.umlcoop.net/software/rake/ - the former has a crisper,
>> cleaner feel to it.

> I'd love to have folks submit templates that produce better-looking
> output.

       how would you like this templates  ?
        are you using CSS ?

regards.
-r.

Quote:

> Cheers

> Dave

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:35:59 GMT
 rdoc: embarrassingly minor complaint

Quote:

>> I'd love to have folks submit templates that produce better-looking
>> output.
>       how would you like this templates  ?
>        are you using CSS ?

Check out rdoc from sf.net/projects/rdoc (get the cvs version, not the
tarball) and look in the rdoc/generators/template/html directory.

Cheers

Dave

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:14:54 GMT

1. minor complaints involving special methods

2. minor, minor, minor bug

3. one minor bug, two minor problems

4. Minor, minor style question

5. mine embarrassingly simple problem