Ruby vs. Python and Euphoria: sieve benchmark
Author Message
 Ruby vs. Python and Euphoria: sieve benchmark

Hello --

Quote:

> This is a MIME message in the multipart format

Can you repost your question and attachment in plain-text format?

Thanks --

David

--
David Alan Black

Web:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~blackdav

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:36:42 GMT
 Ruby vs. Python and Euphoria: sieve benchmark

Quote:

> Hi..... I am a Ruby novice, really just a curious inquirer.  I would
> appreciate someone translating the attached python sieve benchmark
> to RUBY, it would really help me get a handle on the way Ruby is
> written.

> Having the sieve benchmark in this form will also help me compare
> Ruby to the interpreted language "Euphoria" which seems to be a very
> nice language but lacks 00P functions completely.

Hi,

I didn't unpack your code, but you'll find python, Ruby, perl, and
other Sieve benchmarks at:

   http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/bench/sieve/

Click on the language to see the source.

Dave

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:45:30 GMT

1. Ruby vs. Python and Euphoria: sieve benc hmark

2. python vs java (vs tcl?) benchmarks

3. Byte benchmark sieve

4. Cellular automata benchmarks: Java vs C++ vs Java vs C++

5. Java vs Python Benchmarks: Java is faster

6. Benchmark LISP vs Python

7. Smalltalk vs C vs C++ benchmark results

8. fibonacci benchmark -- VS 3.0 VS VW 2.0

9. Python v. Euphoria

10. Final for World Series: Python vs Ruby

11. Ruby vs. Python: Decisions, Decisions