 Is there any Ruby app using ncurses?

The subject says it all. :-)

Massimiliano

Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:49:38 GMT
 Is there any Ruby app using ncurses?
I know there is 'ress' which is a file viewer like 'less'.
http://www-nh.scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~thitoshi/ruby/ress.html
--

Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:45:10 GMT
 Is there any Ruby app using ncurses?

Quote:

> The subject says it all. :-)

> Massimiliano

Jakub Travnik has written a good (curses-based) text mode ui; you can
get it from ...

http://klokan.sh.cvut.cz/~jtra/

Yours

Chris

Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:05:39 GMT
 Is there any Ruby app using ncurses?

Quote:

> Jakub Travnik has written a good (curses-based) text mode ui; you can
> get it from ...

Yes, I know, and to say good is to understate it.  But I tried it in
my application and it did not meet a couple of requirements that were
important to me, so I ended up making a very minimal (~60 lines)
encapsulation of curses that makes it a tad easier to work with it in
a OO fashion.  (If anybody is interested in seeing or contributing
just drop me a line.)

Massimiliano

Thu, 17 Jun 2004 23:12:09 GMT
 Is there any Ruby app using ncurses?

Quote:

> I know there is 'ress' which is a file viewer like 'less'.
> http://www-nh.scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~thitoshi/ruby/ress.html

I downloaded it.  It has got some patches to apply and japanese-only
docs, and I am not very comfortable (so to speak ;-)) with either, so
I'll hope and check for English docs now and then.

Thank you!

Massimiliano

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:30:15 GMT

1. help with ncurses - if anyone can give me a simple ncurses program

2. ncurses-ruby on cygwin

3. ncurses-ruby 0.7

4. ruby-1.6.8-preview4 compile fails in ncurses

5. ncurses-ruby 0.6

6. ncurses and ruby

7. ncurses in ruby

8. ruby and ncurses

9. Ruby-FLTK-FLWM-SQLITE for developing ruby apps.

10. interactive ruby/tk app (was: ruby/tk internals)

11. Using NCurses with Ada

12. Using ncurses with TCL