Not seeing today's ruby-talk ML items on comp.lang.ruby
Author Message
 Not seeing today's ruby-talk ML items on comp.lang.ruby

Quote:

> I don't know if this is just due to normal delays somewhere along the
> line, but if not, I thought I should mention it before the backlog
> becomes large.

Well, many hours later, some of these posts did turn up. However, my
original post to comp.lang.ruby (sent about 9 hours ago) did not turn up
yet on ruby-talk ML (or its archives), so I am cc'ing this to ruby-talk
ML (which may result in 2 copies if this does eventually make it
through.)

A question I met to ask the first time is, what sorts of delays are
within the realm of "normal" during the course of a normal, busy
weekday, given whatever newgroup service and so on that is being used?
An hour or half a day or ....?

(I hope I don't seem too impatient--I just don't want to miss out on
real-time Ruby progress. :-)

--
Conrad Schneiker

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:16:48 GMT
 Not seeing today's ruby-talk ML items on comp.lang.ruby

> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:16:48 +0900

> However, my
> original post to comp.lang.ruby (sent about 9 hours ago) did not turn up
> yet on ruby-talk ML (or its archives), so I am cc'ing this to ruby-talk
> ML (which may result in 2 copies if this does eventually make it
> through.)

Do you have your original message's Message-Id? I think it's

References header. I can't find this message in my local NetNews
server. Thus, your original message is not appearing in the ML. I am
not sure why your original message is not delivered to my
server. Sorry.

Quote:
> A question I met to ask the first time is, what sorts of delays are
> within the realm of "normal" during the course of a normal, busy
> weekday, given whatever newgroup service and so on that is being used?
> An hour or half a day or ....?

Does any one know how long take to deliver a message to the world? But
all the messages I, or my gateway program, received are relayed within
30 min. I am running the program every 30 min. And the messages send to
the ML arrive at my mail folder again in less than 5 min.

I might be misunderstanding your question.

Do you think it is helpfull if I make a WWW page or somethig that have
a list I received and relayed?
--
Norio Suzuki

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. RFD: comp.lang.ruby (getting Ruby out of comp.lang.misc)

2. RUBY NEWSGROUP FAQ -- Welcome to comp.lang.ruby!

3. RUBY NEWSGROUP FAQ -- Welcome to comp.lang.ruby!

4. Ruby Newsgroup FAQ (comp.lang.ruby)

5. RUBY NEWSGROUP FAQ -- Welcome to comp.lang.ruby!

6. SuperNews doesn't/won't carry comp.lang.ruby

7. SuperNews doesn't/won't carry comp.lang.ruby

8. ruby-lang.en older than ruby-lang.ja

9. ruby-talk ml

10. Welcome to our (ruby-talk ML) You are added automatically

11. Subscribe confirmation request (ruby-talk ML)

12. Welcome to our (ruby-talk ML) You are added automatically