confused about readline
Author Message
 confused about readline

I've seen a few ruby apps that 'require readline'. I know that readline
is a GNU library that does command line editing. What I'd like to
find out is:

- Is readline available for the Win32 version of Ruby?
- Is readline available for the Cygwin version? It seems like it should
be but I couldn't make it work. Do I need to get the actual readline
lib for Cygwin first?

I used to use Cygwin but switched to native Win32 a while back. Did
that make readline unavailable to me?

Thanks,
Andrew Queisser

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:56:44 GMT
 confused about readline
Hi,

At Wed, 15 May 2002 08:55:09 +0900,

Quote:

> - Is readline available for the Win32 version of Ruby?

I've heared about some curses libraries for Win32, but no
readline.  If you find a readline library for Win32,
readline.so may be possible to compile.

Quote:
> - Is readline available for the Cygwin version? It seems like it should
> be but I couldn't make it work. Do I need to get the actual readline
> lib for Cygwin first?

Yes.  readline.so is a wrapper for the readline library.

--
Nobu Nakada

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:14:25 GMT

1. readline()/readlines() inconsistent?

2. confused if i should be doing type checking in the code ( a confused java programmer)

3. confused if i should be doing type checking in the co de ( a confused java programmer)

4. Don't be confused--although it is confusing.

5. J using GNU readline library?

6. Readline for Hugs?

7. GNU readline module for Win32 updated

8. Readline module for win32

9. readline for OS X

10. Getting readline support on solaris

11. Ruby Readline extension