Good book for learning Tk (w/ Ruby)?
Author Message
 Good book for learning Tk (w/ Ruby)?

From Andy & Dave's book I understand it's easy to translate
Perl/Tk to Ruby, but the Perl/Tk book hasn't impressed me.
How translatable is TkInter's Python, to Ruby?

Any experience / recommendations?

Jeff

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:27:16 GMT
 Good book for learning Tk (w/ Ruby)?

Hi, I'm a Japanese Ruby/Tk programmer :-)

Quote:

> From Andy & Dave's book I understand it's easy to translate
> Perl/Tk to Ruby, but the Perl/Tk book hasn't impressed me.
> How translatable is TkInter's Python, to Ruby?

I translated some Tcl/Tk and Perl/Tk scripts to Ruby/Tk.
I put files into http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~Nori/ruby/dist/
file name is ruby-tk-methods.options-*.tar.gz

And Ruby/Tk widget demos(Tcl/Tk widget demos for Ruby/Tk)
exists in RAA http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa.html

Let's enjoy Ruby/Tk programming!!

Wed, 03 Sep 2003 02:08:42 GMT

1. Good book for learning TCL/TK? :)

2. What is the best way to learn Ruby?

3. good book for learning Smalltalk?

4. What is best book to learn smalltalk

5. A good book to learn Eiffel on ?

6. good book to learn clipper

7. Looking for Good detailed book to learn COBOL from

8. Best programing book for learning Rexx on VM/CMS Mainframe

9. Any good books for learning XSCHEME

10. Good books for learning VRML 2.0

11. good verilog book or online link to learn for begineer

12. I am just learning verilog any good books or websites