possible problem with CGI::Session and eRuby
Author Message
 possible problem with CGI::Session and eRuby

After struggling with eRuby and CGI::Session for a little while, I
think I may have discovered something strange with how they are
interacting. Or maybe I'm making a newbie mistake, I dunno.

Here's the problem: I'm trying to set a session in an .rhtml file,
and then retrieve it from another .rhtml file. My browser receives
the session cookie, but the path has been set automatically to
/cgi-bin/. I'm suspecting that this is because eruby lives in
/cgi-bin/.

The problem, though, is that when I look for the cookie, my browser
won't send it. Because the page is an .rhtml that doesn't actually
live in /cgi-bin/ -- it just lives in the document root.

Has anybody else had to deal with this problem? Is there a simple
workaround I'm missing?

Francis

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:44:24 GMT
 possible problem with CGI::Session and eRuby

Quote:

> After struggling with eRuby and CGI::Session for a little while, I
> think I may have discovered something strange with how they are
> interacting. Or maybe I'm making a newbie mistake, I dunno.

> Here's the problem: I'm trying to set a session in an .rhtml file,
> and then retrieve it from another .rhtml file. My browser receives
> the session cookie, but the path has been set automatically to
> /cgi-bin/. I'm suspecting that this is because eruby lives in
> /cgi-bin/.

> The problem, though, is that when I look for the cookie, my browser
> won't send it. Because the page is an .rhtml that doesn't actually
> live in /cgi-bin/ -- it just lives in the document root.

> Has anybody else had to deal with this problem? Is there a simple
> workaround I'm missing?

This sounds like an odd situation.  How are you running eruby?  are
you directly creating the cgi, or is this something that your
enviroment is doing for you?

~ Patrick

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 11:51:40 GMT

1. Subject: [Web Site] How-To: Easy CGI Session Handling with pso.session

2. Subject: [Web Site] How-To: Easy CGI Session Handling with pso.session

3. CGI::Session problems

4. CGI::Session::FileStore and flock problem

5. Problem - CGI::Session (long)

6. eruby and cgi.rb

7. eruby does not like CGI#out?

8. : CGI::Session

9. cgi/session.rb help: How does it work ?

10. CGI::Session::MemoryStore

11. Bug in CGI::Session ?

12. locking issues with CGI::Session