My Perl to Ruby Story (was: perl and rub y)
Author Message
 My Perl to Ruby Story (was: perl and rub y)

Quote:
> The main disadvantage of Ruby is, that there is no CPAN for
> Ruby.

Umm.. that's true. The name of the thing is RAA and it's at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ 't exactly
like CPAN, you're completely right. But I think it satisfies the simple
needs we currently have.

Quote:
> Perl has modules for everything

That's a great feature of Perl. I'm not sure if there will be ever as many
modules for Ruby, nor that if it should be the target of the community. CPAN
gives hard times for newbies for example when they have to choose which
library to use to parse the help switch for "my_simple_program -h"
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

And after third package someone says "psst... there's no need to use any
package, just say perl -s" :).

        - Aleksi

Thu, 22 May 2003 03:44:41 GMT

1. A useful example for Perl (was Re: Which language can write this but Perl)

2. A useful example for Perl (was Re: Which language can write this but Perl)

3. Scheme in Perl, or Perl as Scheme

4. Error/exception handling (was: Re: Perl spontaneously jumps to other Perl code)

5. Python and Perl (was: converting perl to python)

6. Error/exception handling (was: Re: Perl spontaneously jumps to other Perl code)

7. Perl vs TCL (was: Execution speed of Perl?)

8. Perl => Ruby

9. Ruby advantages over Perl

10. Perl and Ruby: an Irony

11. Ruby<->Perl and syck-0.25 problem