Persistent connection server?
Author Message
 Persistent connection server?

Is there any example of a server written in Ruby that manages
persistent connections (sorry if the term is less than appropriate)
like FTP or IRC, unlike HTTP?  I had a look at RAA but couldn't find
any.

<Raa.succ>
<wish>Longer descriptions and a search engine that only searches among them?
:-)</wish>
</Raa.succ>

Massimiliano

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 02:59:13 GMT
 Persistent connection server?

Quote:

> Is there any example of a server written in Ruby that manages
> persistent connections (sorry if the term is less than appropriate)
> like FTP or IRC, unlike HTTP?  I had a look at RAA but couldn't find
> any.

> <Raa.succ>
> <wish>Longer descriptions and a search engine that only searches among them?
> :-)</wish>
> </Raa.succ>

> Massimiliano

The HTTP 1.1 protocol describes how to do that
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt

not sure if there is a ruby implementation
available though.

cheers,

vruz

--
# Horacio Lopez

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 06:11:32 GMT
 Persistent connection server?
You can use the Net::FTP library, and follow the model of that code.
Quote:

> [ruby-talk:29261] Re: Persistent connection server?

>>Is there any example of a server written in Ruby that manages
>>persistent connections (sorry if the term is less than appropriate)
>>like FTP or IRC, unlike HTTP?  I had a look at RAA but couldn't find
>>any.

>><Raa.succ>
>><wish>Longer descriptions and a search engine that only searches among them?
>>:-)</wish>
>></Raa.succ>

>>Massimiliano

> The HTTP 1.1 protocol describes how to do that
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt

> not sure if there is a ruby implementation
> available though.

> cheers,

> vruz

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 08:35:43 GMT

1. Persistent DB connection problems WinXP - AIX-Oracle 8

2. httplib and persistent connections

3. Tcl http requests for keep-alive, persistent connections.

4. Persistent server with GUI interactive functions ?

5. Announce: Http Server Programming with Persistent Perl and Tcl

6. Mainframe - Client Server Connections

7. NT Server Terminate User Connection

8. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

9. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

10. SQL Server connection

11. How do you check connection to a file server

12. Object Rexx and Internet Connection Server