using eruby offline
Author Message
 using eruby offline

I have a *.rhtml file which takes quite a bit of time to be generated
dynamically using mod_ruby and eruby.  Since the data the page is
gathering only changes once a day, I'd like to setup a cron job which
will execute the page through eruby and dump the resulting html into a
regular static *.html file.  However, when I execute "eruby
testpage.rhtml > testpage.html" from a terminal, eruby executes in
offline mode and prompts me for name=value pairs.  Is there anyway to
disable this prompt so that eruby will just create the html without
waiting for user input before proceeding?  Any help is appreciated.

Kyle

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 05:56:17 GMT
 using eruby offline
Quote:
> I have a *.rhtml file which takes quite a bit of time to be generated
> dynamically using mod_ruby and eruby.  Since the data the page is
> gathering only changes once a day, I'd like to setup a cron job which
> will execute the page through eruby and dump the resulting html into a
> regular static *.html file.  However, when I execute "eruby
> testpage.rhtml > testpage.html" from a terminal, eruby executes in
> offline mode and prompts me for name=value pairs.  Is there anyway to
> disable this prompt so that eruby will just create the html without
> waiting for user input before proceeding?  Any help is appreciated.

Try to pipe sth. in.

touch nothing #makes an empty file
ruby fobar2.rb  < nothing

If you want to set the values put them into the file
nothing. It will be as if you typed it on the keyboard.

Bye,
        -A.

Armin Roehrl, http://www.approximity.com

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 06:19:05 GMT
 using eruby offline
That works great.  Thanks!
Quote:

>>I have a *.rhtml file which takes quite a bit of time to be generated
>>dynamically using mod_ruby and eruby.  Since the data the page is
>>gathering only changes once a day, I'd like to setup a cron job which
>>will execute the page through eruby and dump the resulting html into a
>>regular static *.html file.  However, when I execute "eruby
>>testpage.rhtml > testpage.html" from a terminal, eruby executes in
>>offline mode and prompts me for name=value pairs.  Is there anyway to
>>disable this prompt so that eruby will just create the html without
>>waiting for user input before proceeding?  Any help is appreciated.

> Try to pipe sth. in.

> touch nothing #makes an empty file
> ruby fobar2.rb  < nothing

> If you want to set the values put them into the file
> nothing. It will be as if you typed it on the keyboard.

> Bye,
>    -A.

> Armin Roehrl, http://www.approximity.com

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 07:06:24 GMT

1. developing using eruby

2. Can't require extensions using eRuby

3. Cincom Websites offline

4. Dyadic is temporarily offline - and APL/W 7.1 is out

5. MacNews v0.71d - A new offline Newsreader !

6. PowerBASIC Forums offline

7. cif$fileopen invalid handle In XP synchronized offline folder

8. Where to get an offline newsreader

9. tsnews.clarion.com offline?

10. Lineprint - Printer offline lock up HELP

11. Offline processing on iPAQ

12. Steve offline for a week - Repost of Mini FAQ