Linking Ruby to C++ via SWIG in Cygwin: missing ruby.a
Author Message
 Linking Ruby to C++ via SWIG in Cygwin: missing ruby.a

Nope, I only have ruby.h, ruby.exe, and ruby.1.
Quote:

> > If I drop the -lruby, I get these errors:
> > So I think I'm missing ruby.o.  But why, and where can I get it?

> It's a library; don't know about Cygwin but under Unix it would be ruby.a
> (or ruby.so for a shared library)

> If you can find that file, try setting LDFLAGS=-L/path/to/dir before
> compiling.

> Regards,

> Brian.

Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:27:24 GMT

1. Linking Ruby to C++ via SWIG in Cygwin: missing ruby.o

2. Mention of Ruby from Sam Ruby via Jon Udell

3. calling swigged C++ from C++ via Python?

4. pthread trouble with ruby-opengl on FreeBSD (was: Re: [announcement] Ruby 3D Ruby)

5. Ruby books (Ruby NG FAQ, Ruby FAQ, home page)

6. segfault dup'ing string through C++ (via swig) module

7. Ruby-SWIG question: wrapping function objects with blocks

8. Limited Support for Multiple Inheritance in SWIG/Ruby

9. Ruby-swig for C struct plus methods

10. Ruby Xlib wrapper updated to use latest SWIG

11. SWIG: returning a bool reference or pointer to Ruby