SSH + Ruby....
Author Message
 SSH + Ruby....

Ahhhh, the whole reason I switched to ruby in the first place.  I was
having a hard time driving an interactive, password login, ssh session
with perl.  Using ruby expect it just work.

I have an inhouse Net::SSH module that I use.  I've thought about
releasing it but since it was my first attempt at a ruby class I'm sure
it's not ready for "primetime".

ruby expect is your friend.

diana

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 11:39:49 GMT
 SSH + Ruby....

Quote:
>Ahhhh, the whole reason I switched to ruby in the first place.  I was
>having a hard time driving an interactive, password login, ssh session
>with perl.  Using ruby expect it just work.

>I have an inhouse Net::SSH module that I use.  I've thought about
>releasing it but since it was my first attempt at a ruby class I'm sure
>it's not ready for "primetime".

Please do release it.  I know I could use something like this and it would
certainly be nice to not have to re-invent it.  Don't worry too much about
primetime readiness.

Phil

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 16:22:50 GMT
 SSH + Ruby....
Okay, I've got to use it today for a project I'm working on.  I'll take a
look at cleanup/remove any leftover commented out code.

BTW, I called it Net::SSH, however it uses expect to drive an external
process.  I've just added "a bunch" <technical, I know> of methods to
facilitate using ssh.  Is this the "proper" naming method.  Net::SSH under
perl is pretty much the same kinda thing, I seem to recall it uses popen2
and popen3.

diana
PS      I'm not on the ruby.list["talk"], so cc to me if you reply.

Quote:

> > Ahhhh, the whole reason I switched to ruby in the first place.  I was
> > having a hard time driving an interactive, password login, ssh session
> > with perl.  Using ruby expect it just work.

> > I have an inhouse Net::SSH module that I use.  I've thought about
> > releasing it but since it was my first attempt at a ruby class I'm sure
> > it's not ready for "primetime".

> > ruby expect is your friend.

> ::drool:: Could I get my hands on the code?  I didn't get it to work
> as I'd like, but would _LOVE_ to see some working code.  :~)

> --
> Sean Chittenden

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:33:09 GMT
 SSH + Ruby....
My words excatly!

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:36:04 GMT

1. SSH + Ruby....

2. SSH implementationin Ruby

3. pthread trouble with ruby-opengl on FreeBSD (was: Re: [announcement] Ruby 3D Ruby)

4. Ruby books (Ruby NG FAQ, Ruby FAQ, home page)

5. ssh for os390?

6. !HELP needed with SSH and the Source Forge

7. remote front panel SSH support?

8. Net::SSH ???

9. ssh utilities

10. user management...unix...via ssh?