Vote for Windows Installer packages 
Author Message
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Hi all,

I'm making up the latest Windows Installer version
of Ruby, and I need your help.

Please go to Ruby Garden and vote for which
packages you would like to see included in
Windows Installer binary distribution:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thanks!

/\ndy

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development and Mentoring for Agile Methods

--
Books by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas:
   "The Pragmatic Programmer"(Addison-Wesley 2000), "Programming Ruby"(AW 2001)
Author of the Agile Alliance Manifesto (www.agilealliance.org),
   see August 2001 cover of "Software Development" Magazine.
Columnist and board member, IEEE Software Magazine.
--



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 03:26:31 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I'm making up the latest Windows Installer version
> of Ruby, and I need your help.

> Please go to Ruby Garden and vote for which
> packages you would like to see included in
> Windows Installer binary distribution:

>     http://rubygarden.com/ruby?WindowsInstaller

> Thanks!

> /\ndy

> --
> Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
> Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development and Mentoring for Agile Methods

> --
> Books by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas:
>    "The Pragmatic Programmer"(Addison-Wesley 2000), "Programming Ruby"(AW 2001)
> Author of the Agile Alliance Manifesto (www.agilealliance.org),
>    see August 2001 cover of "Software Development" Magazine.
> Columnist and board member, IEEE Software Magazine.
> --


will be included in any case, will it?

Stephan



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:03:22 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages
Stephan asks:


        >will be included in any case, will it?

Oh yes -- I'm just asking about the extra packages from RAA, etc.

thanks.

/\ndy



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:44:18 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Quote:
> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 2:24 PM

> Subject: Vote for Windows Installer packages

> Hi all,

> I'm making up the latest Windows Installer version
> of Ruby, and I need your help.

> Please go to Ruby Garden and vote for which
> packages you would like to see included in
> Windows Installer binary distribution:

>     http://rubygarden.com/ruby?WindowsInstaller

Do I have to edit the page to do that?

Christophe



Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:32:44 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Quote:

> > -----Original Message-----

        [...]
> > Please go to Ruby Garden and vote for which
        [...]
> >     http://rubygarden.com/ruby?WindowsInstaller

> Do I have to edit the page to do that?

Yes, it is a Wiki :-).
Quote:

> Christophe

        Hugh


Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:32:48 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages
I noticed that some names fell off the list from last night to
this morning here in Arkansas.  If you voted in the last 24 hrs,
you might want to verify your vote.

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I'm making up the latest Windows Installer version
> of Ruby, and I need your help.

> Please go to Ruby Garden and vote for which
> packages you would like to see included in
> Windows Installer binary distribution:

>     http://rubygarden.com/ruby?WindowsInstaller

> Thanks!

> /\ndy

> --
> Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
> Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development and Mentoring for Agile Methods

> --
> Books by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas:
>    "The Pragmatic Programmer"(Addison-Wesley 2000), "Programming Ruby"(AW 2001)
> Author of the Agile Alliance Manifesto (www.agilealliance.org),
>    see August 2001 cover of "Software Development" Magazine.
> Columnist and board member, IEEE Software Magazine.
> --

--
"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom:
 the music is nothing if the audience is deaf."
 - Walter Lippman


Mon, 05 Jul 2004 05:43:58 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages
Please note I added several web service entries (which were conspicuously
absent ;-)  This will become critical as .NET approaches.

Please vote if you want them!

-Rich



Mon, 05 Jul 2004 06:05:22 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Quote:
> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 3:38 PM
> To: ruby-talk ML
> Subject: Re: Vote for Windows Installer packages

> I noticed that some names fell off the list from last night to
> this morning here in Arkansas.  If you voted in the last 24 hrs,
> you might want to verify your vote.

<snip>

It seems as if the names on the mysql component are mostly gone and the line
for ruby_DBI isn't there at all now.
I'm not sure about the rest.


Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:34:31 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Quote:
> I noticed that some names fell off the list from last night to
> this morning here in Arkansas.  If you voted in the last 24 hrs,
> you might want to verify your vote.

Yes, I was noticing this when I checked in last night. It looks like the
page got seriously trashed between revisions 65 and 66 of that Wiki page
(but I'm not naming names).


Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:23:45 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Quote:

> Yes, I was noticing this when I checked in last night. It looks like the
> page got seriously trashed between revisions 65 and 66 of that Wiki page
> (but I'm not naming names).

Perhaps you should, in case it was unintended. Or you could email them
offlist and tell them what went wrong.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/



Tue, 06 Jul 2004 01:08:57 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages
Hope to goodness it wasn't me.  If it was...I'm sorry in advance :-)

-Rich

Quote:
> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 10:37 AM
> To: ruby-talk ML; undisclosed-recipients:
> Subject: Re: Vote for Windows Installer packages

> > I noticed that some names fell off the list from last night to
> > this morning here in Arkansas.  If you voted in the last 24 hrs,
> > you might want to verify your vote.

> Yes, I was noticing this when I checked in last night. It looks like the
> page got seriously trashed between revisions 65 and 66 of that Wiki page
> (but I'm not naming names).



Tue, 06 Jul 2004 01:30:22 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Quote:
> > Yes, I was noticing this when I checked in last night. It looks like the
> > page got seriously trashed between revisions 65 and 66 of that Wiki page
> > (but I'm not naming names).

> Perhaps you should, in case it was unintended. Or you could email them
> offlist and tell them what went wrong.

I probably should have added a smiley in there somewhere ;) I am 100% sure
that the damage was unintended, and one can look at the revision history for
that page and see who was editing the page around that time (rhymes with
"Dirt Ribs"). At any rate, many many more changes have been made since then
and there's probably no easy way to recover other than people just checking
the page to make sure that their wishes are still accurately reflected.


Tue, 06 Jul 2004 04:34:40 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Quote:

> I probably should have added a smiley in there somewhere ;) I am 100% sure
> that the damage was unintended,[...] there's probably no easy way to recover other
> than people just checking
> the page to make sure that their wishes are still accurately reflected.

Absolutely.

A lot seems to have changed, so please everyone go check and correct his
votes:
http://rubygarden.com/ruby?WindowsInstaller

(I'm pretty sure there weer a lot more votes for REXML, including mine.
Right now, there's only one.)

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/



Tue, 06 Jul 2004 05:03:44 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Quote:

> Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 1:02 PM

> A lot seems to have changed, so please everyone go check and correct his
> votes:
> http://rubygarden.com/ruby?WindowsInstaller

> (I'm pretty sure there were a lot more votes for REXML, including mine.
> Right now, there's only one.)

There may be more going on that just that one-time damage. Because I already
went in and fixed up my votes after the first problem report, including a
vote for REXML. And now that and many other of my votes are missing *again*.

Perhaps, there is a hole in the UseMod wiki software that doesn't always
lock out multiple updates???

Curt



Tue, 06 Jul 2004 06:03:15 GMT  
 Vote for Windows Installer packages

Quote:

> Perhaps, there is a hole in the UseMod wiki software that doesn't always
> lock out multiple updates???

Or there's sabotage going on?

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/



Tue, 06 Jul 2004 06:19:09 GMT  
 
 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages 

1. Next Windows Installer Vote?

2. Windows Installer Vote Results

3. distutils/package installers on windows

4. RubyCocoa 0.4 - Useful Installer's Options for a Binary Packaging

5. BrowserWatch Plugin Vote -- please vote!

6. Windows Installer - a go/no-go (in)decision

7. Windows Installer questions

8. Windows-Installer based ST/X 4.1.3 installation

9. Building a Windows installer for an RB app

10. Windows installer for clipper app

11. quick and painless Windows 95 installer

12. NumPy Windows installer for 1.5.2

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software