HTTP-Access2 problem (was Ruby Google problem) 
Author Message
 HTTP-Access2 problem (was Ruby Google problem)

Thanks, but I still get the same error. I tried the sample
from the HTTP-Access2 package and I get the same problem,
with or without HTTP_PROXY. I'll see if I can get to the
root of it from here.

Andrew

Quote:
> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 8:51 AM

> Subject: Re: Ruby Google problem

> On Wed 17 Apr 2002 at 00:36:53 +0900, QUEISSER,ANDREW

> > I've played with Ruby Google 0.1.0 and thanks to some help
> from this list
> > got everything I needed installed. I'm now getting the
> following error and
> > I'm starting to think it could have something to do with my
> network setup.
> > I'm behind a firewall, do I need to run socks or something
> like that?

> Do you perhaps use an HTTP proxy for normal Web browsing? If so, grab
> Ruby/Google 0.2.0 and define an HTTP_PROXY environment variable.

> Ian
> --
> Ian Macdonald               | Tis man's perdition to be safe, when for

>                             |
>                             |
>                             |



Sun, 03 Oct 2004 02:21:39 GMT  
 HTTP-Access2 problem (was Ruby Google problem)
Hi, Andrew,

Quote:
> From: QUEISSER,ANDREW (HP-Corvallis,ex1)
> Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 3:19 AM
> Thanks, but I still get the same error. I tried the sample
> from the HTTP-Access2 package and I get the same problem,
> with or without HTTP_PROXY. I'll see if I can get to the
> root of it from here.

| f:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/http-access2.rb:683:in `new': Unknown
Error

Hmm.  http-access2.rb:683 is

so http-access2.rb may be were not able to parse given
URL correctly.

What is dumped when you type as below?

$ export HTTP_PROXY=http://yourproxyhost:8080
$ ruby ./wcat.rb http://api.google.com/search/beta2

or

$ setenv HTTP_PROXY http://yourproxyhost:8080
$ ruby ./wcat.rb http://api.google.com/search/beta2

Regards,
// NaHi



Sun, 03 Oct 2004 13:20:03 GMT  
 HTTP-Access2 problem (was Ruby Google problem)
NaHi,

Here's what I get for your example below. I'm on Windows so I
assume I need to do

set HTTP_PROXY=http://web-proxy.cv.hp.com:8080

I did trace into the http-access2.rb module far enough to see
that the proxy string is indeed picked up from the environment
but then I lost track of what's going on in detail. It looks
like some kind of parsing problem but I need to take the time
to understand the http-access2 code a little more before I can
really debug what's going on.

Andrew

F:\rubystuff\http-access2_D\sample>ruby -w wcat.rb
http://api.google.com/search/beta2
./lib/http-access2.rb:683: warning: already initialized
constant Errno
./lib/http-access2.rb:683:in `new': Unknown Error -
"connect(2)" (Errno::E10061
)
        from ../lib/http-access2.rb:683:in `initialize'
        from ../lib/http-access2.rb:763:in `new'
        from ../lib/http-access2.rb:763:in `connect'
        from ../lib/http-access2.rb:762:in `timeout'
        from ../lib/http-access2.rb:762:in `connect'
        from ../lib/http-access2.rb:569:in `query'
        from ../lib/http-access2.rb:444:in `query'
        from ../lib/http-access2.rb:171:in `request'
        from ../lib/http-access2.rb:161:in `get'
        from wcat.rb:16

Quote:
> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 10:15 PM

> Subject: Re: HTTP-Access2 problem (was Ruby Google problem)

> Hi, Andrew,

> > From: QUEISSER,ANDREW (HP-Corvallis,ex1)
> > Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 3:19 AM

> > Thanks, but I still get the same error. I tried the sample
> > from the HTTP-Access2 package and I get the same problem,
> > with or without HTTP_PROXY. I'll see if I can get to the
> > root of it from here.

> | f:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/http-access2.rb:683:in `new': Unknown
> Error

> Hmm.  http-access2.rb:683 is

> so http-access2.rb may be were not able to parse given
> URL correctly.

> What is dumped when you type as below?

> $ export HTTP_PROXY=http://yourproxyhost:8080
> $ ruby ./wcat.rb http://api.google.com/search/beta2

> or

> $ setenv HTTP_PROXY http://yourproxyhost:8080
> $ ruby ./wcat.rb http://api.google.com/search/beta2

> Regards,
> // NaHi



Sun, 03 Oct 2004 23:21:30 GMT  
 HTTP-Access2 problem (was Ruby Google problem)
Problem fixed, I was using the wrong proxy port. Our server
is at 8088, not 8080. Everything is working fine now, including
google api.

Kind of embarrassing but in the process of finding this simple
problem I figured out how to build Ruby under Windows and use
the de{*filter*}.

Thanks all,
Andrew

Quote:
> -----Original Message-----
> From: QUEISSER,ANDREW (HP-Corvallis,ex1)

> Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 8:17 AM

> Subject: RE: HTTP-Access2 problem (was Ruby Google problem)

> NaHi,

> Here's what I get for your example below. I'm on Windows so I
> assume I need to do

> set HTTP_PROXY= http://www.*-*-*.com/ :8080

> I did trace into the http-access2.rb module far enough to see
> that the proxy string is indeed picked up from the environment
> but then I lost track of what's going on in detail. It looks
> like some kind of parsing problem but I need to take the time
> to understand the http-access2 code a little more before I can
> really debug what's going on.

> Andrew

> F:\rubystuff\http-access2_D\sample>ruby -w wcat.rb
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> ../lib/http-access2.rb:683: warning: already initialized
> constant Errno
> ../lib/http-access2.rb:683:in `new': Unknown Error -
> "connect(2)" (Errno::E10061
> )
>         from ../lib/http-access2.rb:683:in `initialize'
>         from ../lib/http-access2.rb:763:in `new'
>         from ../lib/http-access2.rb:763:in `connect'
>         from ../lib/http-access2.rb:762:in `timeout'
>         from ../lib/http-access2.rb:762:in `connect'
>         from ../lib/http-access2.rb:569:in `query'
>         from ../lib/http-access2.rb:444:in `query'
>         from ../lib/http-access2.rb:171:in `request'
>         from ../lib/http-access2.rb:161:in `get'
>         from wcat.rb:16



Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:21:11 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Ruby Google problem

2. click the link for the best google group http://groups-beta.google.com/group/boysworld

3. http://groups.google.com/

4. *WARNING - groups.google.com virus problem*

5. Problems accessing the new Google Web APIs from Python

6. Unable to load scripts/google.tcl (error: can't find package http)

7. Ruby-GTK / Ruby-glade problems

8. Ruby/Google 0.5.0

9. Ruby/Google 0.4.0

10. Ruby/Google 0.3.0

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software