string[lastchar] -> string?
Author Message
 string[lastchar] -> string?

Quote:

informs:
> > I tried String.methods[40] n and got "to_a".

> > Is it possible to do String.methods[40].man (or something like that)

> See the thread beginning at [ruby-talk:30225].  I wanted to
> see how few lines were needed to get in Ruby a feature that
> some Pythonists were constantly bugging about. ;-) Guy Decoux
> contributed some fixes and ideas offlist, so you won't find
> it all in the archives, but if you feel adventurous, I can
> forward it to you. :-)

> Massimiliano

pls do forward it sir Massimiliano.

I just wanted irb to be fully helpful (like inserting ri into it). Btw, I
notice (or maybe I just cannot find it) that the doc used by ri isn't in
text form. I would like to modify the text/doc itself so that it would be
_friendlier_ for us here. Eg, I could include comparison on how a certain
ruby code would be done if using rpg (right, the old ibm rpg)... This is
good for introducing ruby to us.

thank you -botp

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 09:36:59 GMT
 string[lastchar] -> string?

Quote:

> > > Is it possible to do String.methods[40].man (or something like that)
> pls do forward it sir Massimiliano.

Forwarding offlist (~250 lines attachment).  If anyone else is
interested, just mail me.

Massimiliano

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:13:45 GMT

1. question about symbol->string, string->list

2. string->list->string

3. Output to strings / F>STRING

4. Proposal: S>UPPER etc /was: Standardising string primitives (was: Re: String)

5. MIT scheme: string->list on long strings

6. Ada String Issue: String within Strings

7. string = string(i:j) // string(k:n)

8. External interfacing to varargs, and String>>sprintfWithArguments:

9. Bug on String>>replaceAll:with:

10. Is String>>sprintfWith: broken?

11. String>>sprintfWith:with:

12. String>>withNormalizedLineDelimiters