IE Automation
Author Message
 IE Automation

I would like to use Ruby to create an automation tool to transfer
information from one web page (contains all information) to another
web page (a linear progression of web pages).

I have the usual
ie = WIN32OLE.new('InternetExplorer.Application')
ie.visible = true
and I will do this two times (one for each page).  But when I try to
access the 'zip' information, I can't seem to get it and I have tried
a lot of things....

Here is a snippet of the page that I have
MAIN PAGE
<HTML><HEAD>
<FRAMESET ...>
<FRAME name=main src="/atrepts.html">

SUBPAGE atrepts.html
<HTML><HEAD>
<FORM action=atquery.php method=post>
</HEAD>
<BODY><TABLE>
<INPUT name=query3 size=25>

How would I use
ie.getproperty() to retrieve this value?  I have tried a number of
things without success like:
ie.getproperty("query3")
ie.getproperty("query3.value")
ie.getproperty("document.query3")
ie.getproperty("document.all.query3.value")
but I am not having any luck with any of these.  any help would be
great.

thanks

  Craig A.

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 01:08:22 GMT
 IE Automation
Quote:

> [SNIP]
> MAIN PAGE
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <FRAMESET ...>
> <FRAME name=main src="/atrepts.html">

> SUBPAGE atrepts.html
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <FORM action=atquery.php method=post>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY><TABLE>
> <INPUT name=query3 size=25>

ie.document.frames(1).document.all.query3.value

it's nice when you can answer your own question.
[note to reader] 2 days of hair pulling fo get it right.  Thanks Eddison.

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:37:47 GMT

1. IE Automation (VERSION 2)

2. Automation control of IE printing?

3. IE OLE automation and multiple windows

4. Expired Page / I.E. HELP !

5. Automation Open and Automation Close (Excel)

6. Drag/Drop of HTML links from IE on Win32 doesn't work

7. reusing IE on mac and what about macOLE?

8. Dolphin plugin with IE 5.5

9. IE 6.0 plugin support

10. Adding Task/TODOs to IE from CW5b

11. GetActiveObject - IE