Test::Unit 0.1.8 reporting problem
Author Message
 Test::Unit 0.1.8 reporting problem

I recently upgraded my testunit package from 0.1.6 to 0.1.8. Besides renaming set_up to setup and tear_down to teardown (I new that I would have to do it) I found another problem, or nuisance, rather:

When outputting a single '.' to stdout on a test completion (before it was to stderr, I guess), stdout is not flushed. So you actually see results only after all tests are done. If a test takes some time to finish, you do not see any output for a while, and then a burst of dots are dumped on you.

Regards,
Gennady.

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:21:49 GMT
 Test::Unit 0.1.8 reporting problem

Quote:

> I recently upgraded my testunit package from 0.1.6 to 0.1.8. Besides renaming set_up to setup and tear_down to teardown (I new that I would have to do it) I found another problem, or nuisance, rather:

> When outputting a single '.' to stdout on a test completion (before it was to stderr, I guess), stdout is not flushed. So you actually see results only after all tests are done. If a test takes some time to finish, you do not see any output for a while, and then a burst of dots are dumped on you.

You could try calling 'STDOUT.sync' in your setup() method?

Regards,

Brian.

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:13:54 GMT
 Test::Unit 0.1.8 reporting problem

Quote:

> I recently upgraded my testunit package from 0.1.6 to 0.1.8. Besides
> renaming set_up to setup and tear_down to teardown (I new that I
> would have to do it) I found another problem, or nuisance, rather:

> When outputting a single '.' to stdout on a test completion (before
> it was to stderr, I guess), stdout is not flushed. So you actually
> see results only after all tests are done. If a test takes some time
> to finish, you do not see any output for a while, and then a burst
> of dots are dumped on you.

> I fixed it on my system in "test/unit/ui/console/testrunner.rb" by

> it would be nice to have it fixed it the RAA distribution of testunit.

Agreed, and I've added it to the TODO list.

BTW, just to let everyone know, I haven't dropped off the face of the
earth. I have, however, been quite busy, and unfortunately I haven't
been able to code much Ruby lately.

But, thankfully, that's changed recently. I'm now working on a project
that's going to use Ruby exclusively (since I get to pick ;-), and
expect to be devoting more time to Ruby things in general. So I may
actually begin to cut down on that TODO list again.

Stay tuned...

Nathaniel

<:((><
+ - -
| EQUIP VI

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:05:03 GMT

1. Test::Unit::Mock: Mock objects for testing with Test::Unit

2. using test::unit for C++ unit tests

3. Report on Unit Testing MVP Presenters.

4. A unit testing problem...

5. Problems with Test::Unit and Ruby 1.8?

6. test unit problem

7. Test::Unit problem (via Rubicon, 1.7.3, Win98)

8. Test order in Test::Unit

9. Test order in Test::Unit

10. Automating UI tests (was Re: Art of Unit Testing)

11. Unit testing data; What to test

12. Test Tool for Unit Tests?