Flash GUI on Ruby vs. FreeBSD
Author Message
 Flash GUI on Ruby vs. FreeBSD

Recently there were yet another Ruby Flash discussion.
It was mentioned that Flash was not supported on FreeBSD.
So I asked their customer support about the status.
Here is their answer:

<snip>
At the moment there are no plans to compile the Macromedia Flash Player for
FreeBSD. However, we do offer licensing for developers if they are
interested in compiling the source code on their OS of choice. This page has
more information on licensing the source code:
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

We also have an open SWF forum for developers:
< http://www.*-*-*.com/

The best thing to do would be to fill out the Feature Request form here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
and have other FreeBSD users do the same.

The engineers view the wishlist regularly and would consider porting the
player to UNIX if enough users request for it.

</snip>

Mikkel

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 02:30:39 GMT

1. pthread trouble with ruby-opengl on FreeBSD (was: Re: [announcement] Ruby 3D Ruby)

2. Abstracted GUI APIs (was: RANT: Ruby GUI API)

3. Ruby/GUI option: Ruby/Apollo (Delphi VCL)

4. GUI-Smalltalk for FreeBSD?

5. Dynamic Flash movies from Ruby

6. GUI advice -- AWT vs Tk, Java vs python

7. Ruby and FreeBSD

8. Problem with ruby-gtk2 on FreeBSD

9. ruby core dump (1.6.8 on FreeBSD)

10. Problem running irb with Ruby 1.6.4 under FreeBSD 4.0

11. Problem running irb with Ruby 1.6.4 under FreeBSD 4.0