FastCGI for Ruby (an announcement, not a question)
Author Message
 FastCGI for Ruby (an announcement, not a question)

Well, thanks muchly to the help and encouragement of Michael Neumann, the Ruby
FastCGI module is online with some meager documentation and an example, with
more to follow. If there are any brave pioneer types out there, some testing
and critiquing would be extremely helpful. Things that work are:

- TCP sockets
- UNIX sockets
- FastCGI management records handled behind the scenes

Things that don't work yet:

- launching under the mod_fastcgi (apache module) process manager
- multiplexing (but there aren't any libraries that support this yet at all,
  so it's not a big item)

With regards to item 1, the problem I'm having is that I can't create a socket
from stdin's fileno. When I create the socket, all goes well:

but later, when I do this:

It throws this exception:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/fastcgi.rb:331:in `select': failed to convert Array into IO (TypeError)
                from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/fastcgi.rb:331:in `each_request'
                from /usr/local/www/fcgi/example.rb:23:in `fastCGILoop'
                from /usr/local/www/fcgi/example.rb:31

Multithreading may work, but it's untested. There's no reason for it not to.

I would really appreciate any feedback (especially negative! =).

--
Eli Green
Connection closed by foreign host.

Thu, 08 Jan 2004 04:52:52 GMT
 FastCGI for Ruby (an announcement, not a question)
Outstanding job!  I will test this right away.

Can you post a pointer to the source?

--
ed

Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:06:31 GMT
 FastCGI for Ruby (an announcement, not a question)
Hrm. Sorry, folks. I have this really bad habit of not posting URL's when I'm
supposed to. =)

http://fenris.codedogs.ca/~eli/fastcgi.html

I've also entered it in the RAA.

from Edward Wilson on 2001-07-23 at 09:24:05:

Quote:

--
Eli Green
Connection closed by foreign host.

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:23:31 GMT

1. pthread trouble with ruby-opengl on FreeBSD (was: Re: [announcement] Ruby 3D Ruby)

2. Ruby FastCGI bindings?

3. FastCGI library for Ruby

4. FastCGI for Ruby?

5. Fastcgi and ruby

6. Not seeing today's ruby-talk ML items on comp.lang.ruby

7. FastCGI Tcl Question

8. Happy Birthday, Ruby, and an announcement....

9. Announcement: PCSC-ruby 0.1

10. pre-alpha (at most) announcement: Ruby Behaviors

11. Announcement: MPI Ruby

12. Ruby User Survey (repeat announcement)