Windows and Ruby
Author Message
 Windows and Ruby

Hi, I have downloaded Ruby and I have purchased the book Teach Yourself
Ruby.  I have W98 but I do not have Unix.

My question is how do you compile your scripts?

Thank you.

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 05:03:26 GMT
 Windows and Ruby

Quote:

>Hi, I have downloaded Ruby and I have purchased the book Teach
>Yourself Ruby.  I have W98 but I do not have Unix.

>My question is how do you compile your scripts?

You don't compile them; you just run them.
        ruby <scriptname>

If you were on a WinNT variant, then things could be set up so that
you could run Ruby files directly from the command-line without a .rb
extension. (It's possible to set up an explorer association, but
you'll always have to put the .rb extension unless you're on a WinNT
variant).

You can use exerb to create a .exe file from a Ruby script (which I
will be doing myself).

-austin

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 05:35:36 GMT

1. Minimum version of windows for ruby?

2. Windows Installer Ruby 166-0 available

3. Problem with IRB when using Windows Installer Ruby 166-0

4. Printing on Windows with Ruby (long)

5. Printing on Windows with Ruby

6. Net::SMTP::start times out on Windows 98 Ruby 1.6.4

7. Windows Installer Ruby 166-0 available

8. pthread trouble with ruby-opengl on FreeBSD (was: Re: [announcement] Ruby 3D Ruby)

9. Ruby books (Ruby NG FAQ, Ruby FAQ, home page)

10. Ruby and Windows interaction

11. Usable Windows interactive command shell in Ruby 1.8?

12. Ruby Windows Installer "ruby180-9"/yaml