Using Ruby as a scripting engine for C programs
Author Message
 Using Ruby as a scripting engine for C programs

Hello,

I m real new to ruby and I m evaluating some language to extend a C program
with script. I have some questions:
- can Ruby be *compiled* ? (to have some binary representations ?)
- I saw that you can extend ruby quite easyly with C extension but cqn you
call Ruby method from C program ?
- Can you embed the ruby interpreter and give it a buffer with Ruby scripts
?
- and last question if everything above is possible, what is approximatly
the foot print of embedding ruby in my binary ?

(when I write C, it means C or C++)

Thanks for your help and if you have any links, :)

S.

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:50:53 GMT

1. Ruby-ODE (Open Dynamics Engine Ruby binding) 0.01

2. Still no REXX script engine for ActiveX scripting?

3. C scripting using Ruby (instead of Perl)?

4. Ruby in CS courses

5. Teaching children to program using Ruby

6. /bin/sh script beats pants off ruby script

7. Using Python as a scripting language in a Borland Delphi program

8. Using tcl as a scripting language in a MSWin c/c++ program

9. Error using Tk script from C program

11. ANN: Ruby Fractal Life Engine

12. Simple Inference Engine in Ruby