64-bit ruby
Author Message
 64-bit ruby

Hi!

First of all, I'd like to thank Matz for his patience in
answering my silly questions. (My list class works fine
now). The main purpose of practicing writing extensions
was to gain enough experience to write an extension
interface generator, which makes this not too complicated
task even simpler. Hopefully, swig makes this unnecessary...

But, back to my topic:

Has anybody tried to compile ruby for 64-bits?

Do I have to expect specific problems?

Thanks a lot,
Christian Szegedy

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 18:14:40 GMT
 64-bit ruby
Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:16696] 64-bit ruby"

|Has anybody tried to compile ruby for 64-bits?

Last time I tried, Ruby ran fine on 64bit alpha linux.

                                                        matz.

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 01:43:34 GMT

1. 64 bit Ruby successfully compiled under AIX 4.3

2. 64-bit Ruby under AIX 4.3

3. 64 bit ruby under aix 4.3

4. 64-Bit Hexadecimal to 64-Bit Binary

5. x86-64 performance: 32 bit vs 64 bit

6. Python on 64 bit/IA-64 ...

7. Dividing 128 bit by 64 bit numbers

8. 64 bit index of the low bit

9. first bit set in a 64 bit integer...

10. Dividing 128 bit by 64 bit numbers

11. REQUEST: 64-bit integer math on 32-bit processor

12. g77: 32-bit to 64-bit