hpux && snapshot && ./configure
Author Message
 hpux && snapshot && ./configure

It's been pointed out here a few times that you have to run autoconf
before you can configure and compile the current ruby snapshot. Suppose
I want to build ruby 1.7 on an hpux server which doesn't have autoconf -
do I have to install autoconf (and muck about in the inevitable morass
of missing dependencies), or is there any easier way?

  Mark

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:19:03 GMT
 hpux && snapshot && ./configure

Quote:

> It's been pointed out here a few times that you have to run autoconf
> before you can configure and compile the current ruby snapshot.
> Suppose I want to build ruby 1.7 on an hpux server which doesn't have
> autoconf - do I have to install autoconf (and muck about in the
> inevitable morass of missing dependencies), or is there any easier way?

>  Mark

Whoops - never mind.  I see now it matters which 1.7 you get.  Stable
snapshot does include ./configure.

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:24:15 GMT

1. ABC Templates @#$%^&*&&*&*!!!!!!

2. Cybersex--(*&$%*&(*&^% C programmers

3. TCL2C && MS VC++ && TCL8.0.3plus

4. Translating &

6. I am frustrated (*%^&^*&##

7. DataFlex & Q&A Conversion to Topspeed

8. Data Corruption in Clipper & Windows 2000

9. Clipper & R&R for Windows

10. R&R Report Writer & Report Smith

11. Flagship & Red Hat 8

12. CW1003&Novell&Build