Starting interactive shell/irb from within a script?
Author Message
 Starting interactive shell/irb from within a script?

Hello,
I was wondering if there exists a module that allows you to start an
interactive shell like irb from an arbritrary point in your script. The idea
is to first let a program run for a while to do processing and then start
the shell so I can check what the exact values of variables and contents of
hashes in memory are.
Irb does not seem to have a mode to (silently) run a script and then pass
control to the user so he can inspect things.

Regards,
Paul

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 18:07:52 GMT
 Starting interactive shell/irb from within a script?

Quote:

> I was wondering if there exists a module that allows you to start an
> interactive shell like irb from an arbritrary point in your script. The idea

Take a look at irb. It's a very easy and small script.

dew:[~]$ egrep -cv '^ *#|^ *$' `which irb`
10

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:22:46 GMT

1. irb ruby-script w/o exiting irb?

2. trying to call awk from within a shell script

3. shell commands within awk script

4. Shell variable within an awk script

5. calling shell editor within script

6. Problem with get exit status of shell script/command within expect

7. Shell commands from within a script

8. EXPECT : calling shell fns. from within expect script

9. How to source all the scripts when TCL shell is started

10. Starting background process within TCL script

11. ri from within irb

12. Scheme Shell: Shell Scripting for the 90's