Converting from Runit to TestUnit
Author Message
 Converting from Runit to TestUnit

Hi,

Yesterday I just convert my application to the new Test::Unit.
After reading some ruby-talk archive some of them already in
Nat's TODO list but I include them as a reminder.

Here is my impression:

1. There should be a warning about the rename of setup to set_up.
   Is there any way to issue a warning from a library? like Perl warn.
2. What flunk means? Maybe it should renamed to assert_fail
   (like Runit) or any other better name.
   I also need assert_ok(message = "") so my test is in symmetry.
3. I prefer the RUnit Console Test Runner, it is more verbose
   and the dot distract me from the Failure/Error message.
   If you still prefer the dot then make the verbose mode
   an option so I could run my test like this
       ./my_test.rb -v
4. Remove the ellipsis (...) in "Started..."
5. Rather than
Failure occurred in test_method(TestClass) [./t.rb:20]: Some_long_msg
   I prefer
Failure in TestClass#test_method [./t.rb:20]:
Some_long_msg

Anyway, thank you Nat for a wonderful unit test framework.

Wassallam,

-- Zakaria

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:02:30 GMT

1. RUNIT and fork

2. Stackless exception (RUnit?)

3. RUNIT: mixin instead of inheriting?

4. (DBI || RUnit || Ruby || My_Understanding).bug?

5. ANN: Ruby TestCollector (RUnit & Lapidary)

6. using RUnit's setup and teardown methods

7. testunit, $DEBUG issue

8. testunit 0.1.6 problems

9. testunit-0.1.5 install failure (may be setup.rb)

10. Testunit Gotcha!

11. Problem installing testunit 0.1.4 on OSX

12. GUI class reloading testrunner for TestUnit?