Ruby/SMB - ruby interface to the libsmbclient library
Author Message
 Ruby/SMB - ruby interface to the libsmbclient library

Hi list,

After a long time of lurking in the Ruby community I have finally
managed to produce something...

Ruby/SMB is a C library that glues together Ruby and samba's
libsmbclient. It makes it very easy to work with smb network resources
- they behave almost exactly like local directories and files!

It is an early alpha, supposed to be released tomorrow, but due to the
overwhelming demand for smb client libs on this list [;o)] I decided to
released it today. I'm not sure it will compile on your computer, but
it does on mine, and it works well. Please report bugs and I'll fix
them asap.

Also, libsmbclient is an alpha, included in the samba 3.0 alpha
distribution. It took some tweaking of its code to get it to compile on
my computer, but it wasn't too hard. I'm in contact with the samba
development team and it seems most issues with the lib will be fixed
pretty soon.

So... here it is...
http://www.*-*-*.com/

// Henrik

And thanks Dave for the lovely documentation tool. =)

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:29:04 GMT
 Ruby/SMB - ruby interface to the libsmbclient library

Quote:

> Hi list,

> After a long time of lurking in the Ruby community I have finally
> managed to produce something...

> Ruby/SMB is a C library that glues together Ruby and samba's
> libsmbclient. It makes it very easy to work with smb network resources
> - they behave almost exactly like local directories and files!

> It is an early alpha, supposed to be released tomorrow, but due to the
> overwhelming demand for smb client libs on this list [;o)] I decided to
> released it today. I'm not sure it will compile on your computer, but
> it does on mine, and it works well. Please report bugs and I'll fix
> them asap.

> Also, libsmbclient is an alpha, included in the samba 3.0 alpha
> distribution. It took some tweaking of its code to get it to compile on
> my computer, but it wasn't too hard. I'm in contact with the samba
> development team and it seems most issues with the lib will be fixed
> pretty soon.

> So... here it is...
> http://rubysmb.sourceforge.net/

thanks mate! just what i almost have been producing myself, only I haven't
finnished it yet. i will report any bugs, etc when i find 'em.

--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Patrik Sundberg    Address: Rydsv?gen 100C, 584 31 Link?ping, Sweden       |

                   Phone:   +46 13 178567 || +46 707 602240                |
---> Applied Physics and Electrical Engineering student                   |
|-----> Master of Science in Business Administration and Economics student |
|-------> UNIX/Programming consultant                                      |

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 06:10:10 GMT

1. Ruby/SMB beta 2

2. Ruby/SMB beta 1

3. Ruby interface for Swiss Ephemeris library

4. pthread trouble with ruby-opengl on FreeBSD (was: Re: [announcement] Ruby 3D Ruby)

5. Ruby books (Ruby NG FAQ, Ruby FAQ, home page)

6. RFD: comp.lang.ruby (getting Ruby out of comp.lang.misc)

7. Ruby: Ruby/Tk widget demo

8. ruby-lang.en older than ruby-lang.ja

9. Ruby/Tk update (for Ruby 1.8.x)

10. Ruby-GOME2-0.5.0, Ruby/GtkSourceView-0.1.0

11. RUBY NEWSGROUP FAQ -- Welcome to comp.lang.ruby!

12. Ruby Tuesday - Sydney Ruby Users' Group Meeting