Ruby on Windows.
Author Message
 Ruby on Windows.

Hi

I am running Ruby under windows........I was trying to insert text into the
Word document using Win32OLE object....I tried using methods such as Text
and insert but no success.......can anybody help me out with these........

Suresh

NIIT Software Solutions bags "Outsourcing Contract of the Year" award from
the Financial Times publication, The Banker. For details visit our website
http://www.*-*-*.com/
___________________NOTICE____________________________
This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then
destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of NIIT shall be
understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT When addressed to NIIT
clients, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms
and conditions in the governing client contract.

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 13:11:14 GMT
 Ruby on Windows.

Hi Suresh,
Just an example:

require 'win32ole'
application = WIN32OLE.new('Word.Application')
application.visible = true
application.Documents.Add
doc = application.ActiveDocument();
doc.Content.Text = "My Text"

To find out more about the MSWord DOM you either have to get hold of
documentation, or you play around with MSWord macros ;-)

Regards
Clemens

<http://www.niit.com> http://www.niit.com

___________________NOTICE____________________________
This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then
destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of NIIT shall be
understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT When addressed to NIIT
clients, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms
and conditions in the governing client contract.

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:18:44 GMT
 Ruby on Windows.

Thanks Wyss .......

> application = WIN32OLE.new('Word.Application')
> application.visible = true
> application.Documents.Add
> doc = application.ActiveDocument();
> doc.Content.Text = "My Text"

> To find out more about the MSWord DOM you either have to get hold of
> documentation, or you play around with MSWord macros ;-)

> Regards
> Clemens

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:12:04 GMT

1. Ruby and Windows interaction

2. Installing Ruby using Windows 98

3. Ruby under Windows

4. TCPsocket, Errno::ECONNREFUSED and ruby on Windows

5. Using Ruby under Windows

6. Ruby and Windows

7. Ruby for Windows Problems - BUG??

8. Ruby for Windows/CE coming soon?

9. Best Ruby for Windows ?

10. Ruby in Windows Scripting Host?

11. Ruby for Windows Download Site

12. Problem: Installing Ruby for Windows !