emulate? A big app is OK. I'd like something platform-independent
so I'll be sure I can actually run it. (I use MacOS X.) Thanks in
advance!

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:55:46 GMT
 Ruby gems?

Quote:
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 3:51 PM
Subject: Ruby gems?

> Hi all! I'm a Ruby newbie, and having just read the pickaxe book, I'd
> like to learn a little more by looking at a nontrivial, real-world Ruby
> app  that is written idiomatically, with good style and lots of comments.
> Can anyone recommend a ``gem'' of a program that I could examine
> and emulate? A big app is OK. I'd like something platform-independent
> so I'll be sure I can actually run it. (I use MacOS X.) Thanks in
> advance!

An interesting question... I'm afraid I don't have a great answer.
I'll be watching to see what other people suggest.

I would encourage you to spend some time browsing around in the
tree where you have Ruby installed... there are some samples there
and some libraries that are pure Ruby. Reading through those was
very instructive for me.

Hal Fulton

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 06:01:13 GMT

1. [GEM] passivate in GEM, activate in VW?

2. metadata about Ruby programs/libs (freeRIDE/gems)

3. pthread trouble with ruby-opengl on FreeBSD (was: Re: [announcement] Ruby 3D Ruby)

4. Ruby books (Ruby NG FAQ, Ruby FAQ, home page)

5. My GEM/S app is working!

6. GEM and MIDI using APL.68000; help

7. heavy server/light client is good [was Re: [Gem] Gemstone server performance]

8. Hot gems and GemORB

9. starting / using an extra GEM session

10. VisualWave w/ GemS., Illustra, Informix

11. Undocumented Gems

12. Forth Pearls, Bons Mots, Cliches, and Gems