Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 12:11 PM

Subject: Re: Test order in Test::Unit

> Hi all,

> I'm using Test::Unit for testing my codes. I have some questions
> I'd like to ask.

> - Test::Unit shows testing process with periods like 'Started...
>   ....', but is there a way to make it show the test method
>   names instead? My test sometimes fails and sometimes passes, so
>   I'd like to check the order of the tests conducted.
> - Does Test::Unit have any method to test private methods?

> I've searched for the answers in Test::Unit RDoc document, but I
> couldn't find them...

tests are run in alphabetical order, so

  def test_a_foo
    puts 'i run first'
  end

  def test_b_bar
    puts 'i run second'
  end

people who 'know' testing reccomend against this - but there are times when
it
is not avoidable.

-a

--
  ====================================
  | Ara Howard
  | NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory
  | Information and Technology Services
  | Data Systems Group
  | R/FST 325 Broadway
  | Boulder, CO 80305-3328

  | Phone:  303-497-7238
  | Fax:    303-497-7259
  ====================================

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 06:02:55 GMT

1. Test order in Test::Unit

2. Test::Unit::Mock: Mock objects for testing with Test::Unit

3. using test::unit for C++ unit tests

4. Automating UI tests (was Re: Art of Unit Testing)

5. Unit testing data; What to test

6. Test Tool for Unit Tests?

7. test test test test

8. Testing, testing, testing,