need help with Ruby-Gtk
Author Message
 need help with Ruby-Gtk

I need to know how to make a borderless window, like the taskbar in gnome. Do I
do something like:

taskbar = Gtk::Window.new(Gtk::WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
taskbar.<WINDOW_BORDER>(none)     ?????

or what?

any help appreciated.

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:30:33 GMT
 need help with Ruby-Gtk
In the source distribution, see:

gtk/sample/testgtk/shapedwindow.rb

You can see the effects by running testgtk.rb and clicking the "shaped"
option.   I had to comment out two lines in testgtk.rb because
fontselection sample wasn't included for some reason in 0.26...the first
version I have played with.

Eirikur

Quote:
> I need to know how to make a borderless window, like the taskbar in
gnome. Do I
> do something like:

> taskbar = Gtk::Window.new(Gtk::WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
> taskbar.<WINDOW_BORDER>(none)     ?????

> or what?

> any help appreciated.

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:06:50 GMT
 need help with Ruby-Gtk
Hi,

At Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:33:05 +0900,

Quote:

> I need to know how to make a borderless window, like the taskbar in gnome. Do I
> do something like:

> taskbar = Gtk::Window.new(Gtk::WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
> taskbar.<WINDOW_BORDER>(none)     ?????

taskbar.show
taskbar.window.set_decorations(0)

Oring Gdk::DECOR_BORDER to the argument enables border.

--
Nobu Nakada

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:33:18 GMT

1. Ruby/GTK: example needed of Widget written in Ruby

2. Ruby-gtk, Gtk::Text question

3. Ruby/Gtk: caveats/help on use of rbbr.rb

4. Ruby/Gtk: caveats/help on use of rbbr.rb

5. string.c (str_alloc) ruby 1.8 + ruby-gtk crash

6. Ruby-GTK / Ruby-glade problems

7. Ruby on a PDA -- GTk/Ruby ??

8. Seeking news/status about Ruby/Gtk and Glade/Ruby

9. Ruby/GTK

10. Ruby-GTK and rubyapi2

11. Ruby/GTK

12. Ruby/GTK and the mainloop