method arity from c
Author Message
 method arity from c

Hi,
I'm implementing the singleton_method_added(VALUE self, VALUE id) hook in c
for an embedded ruby application (the vim editor) what I want to do is that
every new method added to a specific object will be simultaneously made
available
to the other scripting environments in the embedding program (the vim
editor).
Since both ruby and vim functions can be either fixed arg or variable arg
functions it would be best if I could access the arity of a ruby method from
my
C extension. I couldn't find a way to do it although I think it would be
doable by
evaling some ruby but I'd like to know if there is a c call appropriate.
thanks in advance

Benoit

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 01:02:46 GMT

1. Method#arity problem

2. Method arity without instantiating an object

3. multiple arity method ov

4. multiple arity method overloading

5. Klass.method(:new).arity == -1 violates my POLS!

6. Arity of methods without having instance?

7. Arity (was: Upper/lower case words in titles)

8. Fw: Arity (was: Upper/lower case words in titles)

9. A very small idea: skipping the arity satisfaction check

10. syntax question, pattern matching and arity-0 constructors:

11. newbie: help with ARITY error

12. arity problem