Sending mail via an Exchange server
Author Message
 Sending mail via an Exchange server

I looked in RAA, but couldn't find anything that allowed the sending
of mail via Exchange.

Has anyone done this, or can anyone point me at some simple documentation
that explains the protocol Exchange uses?  I would imagine it can't be
too much harder than SMTP.

By the way, I'm talking a simple text message; no complexities like
sending attachments.

TIA

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:17:59 GMT
 Sending mail via an Exchange server

Quote:

> I looked in RAA, but couldn't find anything that allowed the sending
> of mail via Exchange.

> Has anyone done this, or can anyone point me at some simple documentation
> that explains the protocol Exchange uses?  I would imagine it can't be
> too much harder than SMTP.

Unless you are talking about some ancient version of Exchange, you
should be able to send your email via SMTP. If the SMTP service is not
running on the Exchange server you are using, but it is a relatively
recent version, you could use win32ole and CDO. CDO, short for
Collaboration Data Objects, is a Microsoft API for accessing the
messaging services in Exchange.

Thomas

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:21:14 GMT

1. send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown

2. Sent Mail via SMTP-server: strange size limit

3. Labview mailing via exchange/outlook

4. Mail from Clipper to Exchange Server?

5. Sucking e-mail from Exchange Server vis HTTP?

6. send ENCRYPED data via E-Mail

7. Sending Mail via outlook

8. vi to send mail-attachments via actX

9. Sending a program via e-Mail

10. sending mail attachements via python & smtplib

11. I want to experiment with teo Forth systems exchanging data via the Internet

12. EXCHANGE 5.5 GHOST MAIL !!!!!!