VXREXX PM only?
Author Message
 VXREXX PM only?

Can VX-REXX create non-PM application?  I don't want a msgbox or anything
to pop up for unattended program.  My coworker said he confirmed this with
tech support that VX-REXX apps must run in the PM enviornment.
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Sun, 11 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VXREXX PM only?

Quote:

>Can VX-REXX create non-PM application?  I don't want a msgbox or anything
>to pop up for unattended program.  My coworker said he confirmed this with
>tech support that VX-REXX apps must run in the PM enviornment.
>___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Beginning with 2.1, you can actually build non-PM VX-REXX apps provided
you follow these steps:  1) only use code files in your project,
2) don't use the VRSet, VRGet, VRMethod functions and any functions that
deal with PM stuff, 3) after you make a .exe file, you have to run
the EXEHDR program on it to mark it as being a non-PM app.  This is
explained in the Readme First online guide, by the way...

Eric

Thu, 15 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VXREXX PM only?

2. VXREXX best PM REXX? Can use REXXLIB w/VXREXX?

3. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

4. PM to VM86 to PM ?

5. **** SERIAL COMMUNICATION CLASSES FOR OS/2 PM (SMALLTALK V/PM)

6. VXRexx & SendKeyString

7. VXREXX truncates messages in MSGBOX

8. VXREXX or VisPro Rexx?

9. Converting VxREXX to Object REXX for Windows NT

10. VxRexx detect key press/release + Threads

11. Recursive VXREXX / DB2/2 routine problem

12. Converting VxREXX to Object REXX for Windows NT