Compare multiple files using rexx in SPFPro
Author Message
 Compare multiple files using rexx in SPFPro

Does anyone have a program to compare 2 directories and the files within
them giving out details of the files in one directory and not in the
other and also any differences within the files if the file is in both
directories?

As is always the situation, I don't have time to write one.

Cheers,
Peter

Analyst Programmer/Applications Analyst
Information Technology Services
Office: H043
P.O. Box 84
Lincoln University
Canterbury
New Zealand

Phone: +64 (03) 325 2811 x8043
Fax  : +64 (03) 325 3865

< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
  _____

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:58:17 GMT
 Compare multiple files using rexx in SPFPro
Definately get Visual SlickEdit - their Diff program included is great. I've
saved many MANY hours merging changes together when a source file has been
edited in several places. Does entire trees as you wish.

I've also taught SlickEdit a lot about Rexx and ObjectRexx - have not had to
get into their Cish macro language yet and I have it doing all sorts of
tricks!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:04:58 GMT
 Compare multiple files using rexx in SPFPro

Quote:

> Definately get Visual SlickEdit - their Diff program included is great. I've
> saved many MANY hours merging changes together when a source file has been
> edited in several places. Does entire trees as you wish.

> I've also taught SlickEdit a lot about Rexx and ObjectRexx - have not had to
> get into their Cish macro language yet and I have it doing all sorts of
> tricks!

Cheers Michael, unfortunately it's urgent (as always) and is required by
eod. I have found a trial version of Beyond Compare which seems to do
the trick.

Thanks again,

Peter

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:52:31 GMT

1. How to compare using 2 files

2. Using Refinate to compare EDIF files and verify/create BOM

3. Comparing file objects: what is compared?

4. dragging multiple files to an OS/2 rexx exec

5. Help! -script which uses multiple txt-files

6. Using gzip with multiple file

7. help using multiple files in prolog!

8. Multiple log files using expects log_file command

9. question of plot by using multiple files

10. Using Multiple Source Files with Plato3 in C

11. Simple Q: Using multiple files

12. comparing multiple list lengths