PID within a REXX
Author Message
 PID within a REXX

Is it possible through environment variables, function
calls, pure blind luck, for a REXX script to know its
own PID?

mike packard

Fri, 11 Jul 1997 22:47:27 GMT
 PID within a REXX

Quote:

>Is it possible through environment variables, function
>calls, pure blind luck, for a REXX script to know its
>own PID?

You need some library to get the PID of the running function.  If you
have rexxlib from Quercus (comes with personal rexx for OS/2 and I
think there is a shareware version on hobbes) then you can use the
DosProcInfo or DosPIDList to get the desired affect.

There is a free REXX library also on hobbes which is very extensive
which should include similar functions but I can't remember the name
at this moment...

--

Sat, 12 Jul 1997 05:57:40 GMT
 PID within a REXX

Quote:

>>Is it possible through environment variables, function
>>calls, pure blind luck, for a REXX script to know its
>>own PID?
>There is a free REXX library also on hobbes which is very extensive
>which should include similar functions but I can't remember the name
>at this moment...

You're thinking of YDBAUtil by Dave Boll.  The currently released
version is 1.7, available at most sites as RXU17.ZIP.  It's got a
*bunch* of functions, although it lacks the stem and array functions
of RexxLib (which looks awfully nice, but costs :/).

---
/============\   Jason Tiller  /======================================\
| Welcome to |                 | Voyager 2 emits less power than your |
| -> JPL <-/=======================\refrigerator light bulb - yet we  |
\==========|  Do *you* know where  |track it 6.4 *billion* km away!   |
   The     |  your spacecraft is?  |==================================/

Sat, 12 Jul 1997 09:18:28 GMT

1. PID (gain schedule).vi in PID toolkit

2. How to save the PID number when detaching inside a REXX

3. object rexx script within xslt

4. object rexx script within xslt

5. Running rexx from within config.sys

6. OS/2 Command within VX-REXX

7. searching and replacing a string within a file with rexx

8. kill a process or application within rexx

9. Calling REXX programs from within an assembler program

10. Call rexx from within other languages ...

11. Query on macro definitions within macro definitions within...

12. REXX in WINDOWS/REXX Add-ins/VISUAL REXX ????