Change NT IP Address Using Perl 
Author Message
 Change NT IP Address Using Perl



Quote:
> While I heartily agree with you, this isn't exactly useful commentary. I
> believe the answer the original poster sought is "yes, you can, and
> here's how:".

> IP address and gateway are stored in the registry. I'll be damned if I can
> remember the fully-qualified key, and I'm on a Win95 box right now, but if
> you search the registry for your hostname, you'll find the IP address and
> such nearby.

> You can manipulate the registry using the Win32::Registry package, which
> ought to be in your Perl distribution, but is available in libwin32. If
> you aren't up to building libwin32, try Gurusamy Sarathy's Win32 kit
> ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ will point you there).

Cool.

Can you do this in windows95 too?  I have a laptop that has different
network setting depending on whether I'm on my home lan or at work.  
What keys should I look for?  I'll be doing it with object rexx, not
perl, so I don't need the perl functions.

Thanks!



Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Change NT IP Address Using Perl
On 10 Sep 1998 23:33:38 GMT, Gregory Spath wrote :

Quote:

>Cool.

>Can you do this in windows95 too?  I have a laptop that has different
>network setting depending on whether I'm on my home lan or at work.  
>What keys should I look for?  I'll be doing it with object rexx, not
>perl, so I don't need the perl functions.

Rexx, Rexx ? I would recommend comp.lang.rexx then buddy. ;-}

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe
Some of your questions answered:
<URL:http://www.btinternet.com/~gellyfish/resources/wwwfaq.htm>



Wed, 28 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Change NT IP Address Using Perl

Quote:

> Rexx, Rexx ? I would recommend comp.lang.rexx then buddy. ;-}

Hey, now.  I'm a perl coder now too, and have converted a bunch of my
REXX stuff (quite easily, I might add)

REXX is still better at some tasks, although I'm liking perl quite a
bit.

(and take a look at the groups you crossposted to in your followup
there, buddy ;-)

-- Greg



Thu, 01 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Change NT IP Address Using Perl
On 13 Sep 1998 01:40:59 GMT, Gregory Spath wrote :

Quote:


>> Rexx, Rexx ? I would recommend comp.lang.rexx then buddy. ;-}

>Hey, now.  I'm a perl coder now too, and have converted a bunch of my
>REXX stuff (quite easily, I might add)

>REXX is still better at some tasks, although I'm liking perl quite a
>bit.

>(and take a look at the groups you crossposted to in your followup
>there, buddy ;-)

Hmm and one of them didnt exist anymore :)

I have dabbled with REXX I must admit - but never having done a great
deal of IBM stuff there was no impetus.  I think I compiled it on my
Linux box though - and then there was ARexx on the old Amiga.

I'm not a language evangelist though.

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe
Some of your questions answered:
<URL:http://www.btinternet.com/~gellyfish/resources/wwwfaq.htm>



Thu, 01 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Anyway to get the server ip address not the browser ip address

2. How to change IP Address by Python program on Win Platform

3. Problem of changing IP address

4. IP-Address of NT-Client in VA-ST 4.0

5. I want to delete IP address in the DHCP manager(Windows NT) by VIs

6. Smalltalk Win95 / NT Getting IP address

7. TCP OPEN ERROR when using IP Address !

8. hp laser printer using ip address and no print w/ cpd 2.1

9. Changing String Without Changing The Address

10. Using Python to change Directory ACL's in NT

11. IP address

12. Expand IP address range

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software