Writing to a com port (modem)
Author Message
 Writing to a com port (modem)

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to use REXX or more specifically REXX or VX-REXX
>for OS/2 to send commands to a modem on a com port?

Use Stream and lineout as in:

xrc=stream(ComPort,"C","OPEN")

call lineout ComPort,"ATDT9,555-1212"||X2C("0D0A")
xrc=stream(ComPort,"C","CLOSE")

This does not allow you to process on an interrupt basis however, if that is
needed
try RXASYN20.ZIP on Hobbes and elsewhere.

Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:23:58 GMT
 Writing to a com port (modem)
: Does anyone know how to use REXX or more specifically REXX or VX-REXX
: for OS/2 to send commands to a modem on a com port?  I am just learning
: REXX and haven't figured it out yet.  Thanks.
  ===================================
  ==== |-|UB`s
               Well, as fast as things can change around hear my guess
will be that it helps others to understand what you want if you, as
you have done talk about your enviornmenal space.....Like take me for
example:  I run a version of REXX on my other computer
A Compaq 8086
no Windos
no OS/2
at 1200
thru this university
where I have not yet been
able to get any version of REXX
installed, let alone up and running.
                                              ================= |-|UB`s

Thu, 28 Aug 1997 00:05:37 GMT

1. Windows modem (real COM port ??)

2. ANN: SENDSMS.COM to explore AT command of a serial port modem

3. Reading Modem Answers from COM-Port

4. Ada, Com Ports and Modems

5. Writing to the COM port

6. Writing to COM port in Regina Rexx under Win NT

7. Direct writes to Dell COM port

8. COM port initialization and reading/writing

9. WRITING TO COM PORT USING HANDLES

10. Writing to a COM port (windows)

11. Read/Write to COM ports using Lahey Fortran

12. Reading and writing to PC COM ports