BUG with VXREXX V2.1a & EHLLAPI
Author Message
 BUG with VXREXX V2.1a & EHLLAPI

I have a VXREXX program that uses EHLLAPI that stoped working after I upgraded
from V2.1 to V2.1a.  After MANY hours I determined it was because of the
upgrade.  It was a vary {*filter*} bug because it only happens when I go through a
certain set of paths and not others before executing the code and then locks up
OS/2 (RE-BOOT).

The command that causes the problem is    "rc=hllapi('Reset_System')".  If I
call the routines addfunc: and resetsystem: (see below) early in INIT: then
everything is OK or if I go through another path before calling them its OK.  I
wrote a small program that only called them and it worked OK.

So, then I reloaded V2.1 and everything works fine with NO changes to the code.
Then put the upgrade for V2.1a and it stoped working with no changes to the
code.

addfunc:
if RxFuncQuery('hllapi') then
   call RxFuncAdd 'hllapi', 'saahlapi', 'hllapisrv'
return

resetsystem:
   rc=hllapi('Reset_System')
   if rc \= 0 then do
      id = VRMessage( VRWindow(), "Cannot reset system", "ERROR", "None", , ,  )
      getdsn_rc = 1
   end  /* Do */
return

Has anyone else had this problem?

Tom Koenig
Univ of Wisconsin

Tue, 01 Jul 1997 03:59:12 GMT

1. Update question VXREXX 2.1 to 2.1a

2. VX-Rexx v2.1a

3. VX-Rexx v2.1a

4. EHLLAPI sendKey not asynchronous bug?

5. NetRexx & EHLLAPI

6. Rexx & EHLLAPI

7. PyNOVAS (Python & NOVAS) 0.1a astrometric software

8. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

9. DEC Fortran v4.0 && v2.0

10. VXRexx 2.1 Bug(New Feature?)

11. VXRexx & SendKeyString

12. Vxrexx & DB2/2