How to call a Cobol/DB2 program from REXX
Author Message
 How to call a Cobol/DB2 program from REXX

I am trying to call a cobol db2 program using rexx. The cobol program is
called from a REXX panel. The cobol program basically accepts the customer
number which is passed as a parameter and it displays the customer name. In
my rexx i allocate a dataset for the sysout and whatever is displayed by the
cobol/db2 program i extract and display that in a panel. Whenever i try to
call the cobol program through REXX  it is giving S806 since i couldn't
specify the load module for the DB2 libraries(DSNLOAD). In short while
running this program as batch through the jcl we specify this library in the
STEPLIB of the jcl.

How can i solve this please.

Chandar

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to call a Cobol/DB2 program from REXX
Hi there,
you can do a number of things to solve this problem:
a) issue an "ISPEXEC LIBDEF ISPLLIB  DATASET(yourloadlib)" this adds
yourloadlib to the searchorder of ISPLLIB. Then call the program using
"ISPEXEC SELECT PGM(yourprogram)", be sure to remove the temporary
loadlibrary by issuing
"ISPEXEC LIBDEF ISPLLIB"
b) you can use a tso call statement. This allows you to specify a fully
qualified datasetname e.g.
Address TSO "CALL 'yourloadlib(yourprogram)' "
c) add the loadlibrary to the ISPLLIB ddname before starting ISPF. Then
you can issue
ADDRESS LINKMVS 'yourprogram'
ADDRESS ATTACH  'yourprogram'
ADDRESS MVS 'yourprogram'
etc. depending on how you want to pass parameters (see REXX Reference
manual)
this is the neatest way, but all will do fine in most cases...
Thomas
Quote:

> I am trying to call a cobol db2 program using rexx. The cobol program
> is
> called from a REXX panel. The cobol program basically accepts the
> customer
> number which is passed as a parameter and it displays the customer
> name. In
> my rexx i allocate a dataset for the sysout and whatever is displayed
> by the
> cobol/db2 program i extract and display that in a panel. Whenever i
> try to
> call the cobol program through REXX  it is giving S806 since i
> couldn't
> specify the load module for the DB2 libraries(DSNLOAD). In short while

> running this program as batch through the jcl we specify this library
> in the
> STEPLIB of the jcl.

> How can i solve this please.

> Chandar

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. REXX/DB2 = COBOL/DB2 ???

2. rexx program calling cobol program

3. COBOL-DB2 Program, how to get Current timestampe from DB2

4. tso rexx calls cobol calls cobol -> splat

5. Rexx calling a Cobol program

6. Call "COBOL" program from REXX MVS

7. problems with tbdisplay in a rexx after calling a cobol program

8. Calling COBOL programs from REXX

9. Calling a non-COBOL program from a COBOL program on OS/390

10. REXX DB2 calls

11. rexx: call SQLDB2 ?? DB2 V5 NT

12. Call a REXX Exec and have it Address the calling program