Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx
Author Message
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx
I would like to know how to do this.  I have a suspicion that it can be
done via SysSetObjectData but I don't know what the arguments would
be.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA,
Jason

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:28:39 GMT
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx

Quote:

>I would like to know how to do this.  I have a suspicion that it can be
>done via SysSetObjectData but I don't know what the arguments would
>be.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Which utiltiy?

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 01:29:35 GMT
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx

Quote:

>>I would like to know how to do this.  I have a suspicion that it can be
>>done via SysSetObjectData but I don't know what the arguments would
>>be.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

> Which utiltiy?

i.e. if you right click on an jpg/gif/bmp's object, at the bottom of
the popup menu is an entry called 'convert to...' where you can convert
the image to any other format that MMPM has a filter for.  I want to
be able to use this facility in an automated way through rexx.

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:09:02 GMT
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx
APMT is a utility that will drive PM programs.  With it you can access the
GUI functionality of a program.  I have used it to drive PMView and had no
problem doing so.

From the read me:
_____________________________________________________________________ PM
Automation Tool

Version.2.9

APMT provides a set of executables and a REXX function package. Using the
functions provided you can write a REXX program which can drive a PM
application running on the same or a different PC.  Thus the REXX program
can act as a test script for testing the PM application.

I think you can get it from hobbes.nmsu.edu

Doug

Quote:

>>>I would like to know how to do this.  I have a suspicion that it can be
>>>done via SysSetObjectData but I don't know what the arguments would
>>>be.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

>> Which utiltiy?

>i.e. if you right click on an jpg/gif/bmp's object, at the bottom of the
>popup menu is an entry called 'convert to...' where you can convert the
>image to any other format that MMPM has a filter for.  I want to be able
>to use this facility in an automated way through rexx.

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:49:35 GMT
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx

Quote:

>I think you can get it from hobbes.nmsu.edu

Not sure if you can get it from hobbes, I hope so.    IBM used to distribute
that with DEVCON.

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 03:24:39 GMT
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx

Quote:

>>I think you can get it from hobbes.nmsu.edu

> Not sure if you can get it from hobbes, I hope so.    IBM used to distribute
> that with DEVCON.

OK, Do you know which CD and/or directory or file name?

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 04:14:47 GMT
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx

Quote:

>>>I think you can get it from hobbes.nmsu.edu

>> Not sure if you can get it from hobbes, I hope so.    IBM used to distribute
>> that with DEVCON.

>OK, Do you know which CD and/or directory or file name?

Man.    That's hard.    It was so long ago - but it should still be in there.
  The name is APMT.

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 04:39:11 GMT
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx
In

on 03/21/2002

said:

Quote:
>Man.    That's hard.    It was so long ago - but it should still be in
>there.
>  The name is APMT.

It does not appear to be on any of the relatively recent Devcon CD's.
However os2bbs has it:

APMT34.ZIP    294K  2-08-02+ Automated PM Tester/Driver(APMT) v3.4 - A
REXX
                             management for (1) testing PM applications
(2) as
                             a driver for programs on remote PCs (3) as an
                             interface for REXX programs and standard WPS
                             controls - 11 samples included(March, 3rd
1996)

Steven

Warp4/FP15/14.085_W4 www.scoug.com irc.webbnet.org #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:16:58 GMT
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx
Doug sent it to me.
 Thanks,
Jason
Quote:

> In

> on 03/21/2002

> said:

> >Man.    That's hard.    It was so long ago - but it should still be in
> >there.
> >  The name is APMT.

> It does not appear to be on any of the relatively recent Devcon CD's.
> However os2bbs has it:

> APMT34.ZIP    294K  2-08-02+ Automated PM Tester/Driver(APMT) v3.4 - A
> REXX
>                              management for (1) testing PM applications
> (2) as
>                              a driver for programs on remote PCs (3) as an
>                              interface for REXX programs and standard WPS
>                              controls - 11 samples included(March, 3rd
> 1996)

> Steven

> --

> Warp4/FP15/14.085_W4 www.scoug.com irc.webbnet.org #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:14:20 GMT
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx
Why not use a utility like GBM etc. ?

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:15:34 GMT
 Accessing MMPM's convert image utility via rexx

Quote:

> Why not use a utility like GBM etc. ?

This is for distribution.  GBM has alot of
baggage that I don't need.

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 01:46:00 GMT

1. OS/2 database access via Rexx

2. FW: OS/2 database access via Rexx

3. OS/400 REXX - changing variables via API's

4. FDISK'ing via REXX

5. Importing via Access 97 odbc driver variable length Access Memo fiels

6. Accessing Access via VO

7. ack! my fav REXX utility, VX-REXX threads

8. Rexx Access to OS/2 EA's

9. VSE and OS/2 Multimedia (MMPM/2)

10. conversion utility to convert DOS clarion .dat file to .dbf