How to pass stems to a user-defined function
Author Message
 How to pass stems to a user-defined function

But consider the possibility of needing to port your application to a
REXX implementation that does not support named queues ...

Quote:

> [snip]
> >...I don't need to use the stem once I'm done
> > with it in Output, it's just not as elegant as passing the
>  particular
> > stem (ie sometime I would like to pass the stem)
> > thanks
> > Mark

> --
> Hi Mark!
> If I understood your task correctly, you want to create a kind of
>  array
> containing text strings and then use standard function to output this
> text on the screen (or any other text manipulation).
> You use stems for this purpose.
> --
> If you have no other reason to use stems, try to use queues technics.
> You can create queue, then fill it with text lines and pass queue
>  name
> to your function called output. Queues are recognizable by name by
> any other OS/2 session. As well as can be deleted...
> HTH
> =====================================

> =====================================

Sat, 08 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

--
Hi Mark!
If I understood your task correctly, you want to create a kind of
 array
containing text strings and then use standard function to output this
text on the screen (or any other text manipulation).
You use stems for this purpose.
--
If you have no other reason to use stems, try to use queues technics.
You can create queue, then fill it with text lines and pass queue
 name
to your function called output. Queues are recognizable by name by
any other OS/2 session. As well as can be deleted...
HTH
=====================================

=====================================

Sun, 09 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to pass stems to a user-defined function

2. Passing REXX stems to external REXX functions -Reply

3. Passing REXX stems to external REXX functions

4. Passing stem variables into REXX functions

5. Passing Stems to external functions

6. Q: Passing stem array to external function?

7. Passing variables to user functions of Clipper functions

8. Passing User Defined Types from VB to Fortran

9. passing user defined type w/ interface

10. Passing user defined variables to mouseclick/enter/leave events

11. Passing user defined variables to mouseclick/enter/leave events

12. Help with user defined function