JCL Question
Author Message
 JCL Question

I am not aware of a specifuc JCL News group so please accept my apologies

Is there a way in JCL to control the way datasets are printed ( Font size,
page orientation etc ... ) ?

I am in an MVS/TSO environment

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:41:21 GMT
 JCL Question
On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 00:41:21 GMT, "OttawaGuy"

Quote:

>I am not aware of a specifuc JCL News group so please accept my apologies

>Is there a way in JCL to control the way datasets are printed ( Font size,
>page orientation etc ... ) ?

>I am in an MVS/TSO environment

Yes.  You need to look up the OUTPUT JCL statement which allows you to
specify many options.  You refer to the OUTPUT statement on the DD
statement that defines your print.  Something like
//OUT1          OUTPUT  ...
//SYSPRINT      DD                      SYSOUT=A,OUTPUT=*.OUT1

<<Remove the del for email>>

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:10:11 GMT
 JCL Question

Quote:
> I am not aware of a specifuc JCL News group so please accept my apologies
> Is there a way in JCL to control the way datasets are printed ( Font
> size, page orientation etc ... ) ?

yes, OUTPUT statement etc, but you'll need to take into account the type
of printer you are using, the types of paper your site has available, and
any local names they have for these things.  Speak to your ops guys
(whoever supervises the print shop will know what is available) and
perhaps your systems programmers.

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:52:36 GMT
 JCL Question
You can get help about JCL, and MVS,  at
http://www.mvshelp.com/

Select de "help board" and go to the "JCL" forum.
Best regards.

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 04:57:50 GMT
 JCL Question
On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 00:41:21 UTC, "OttawaGuy"

Quote:

> I am not aware of a specifuc JCL News group so please accept my apologies

> Is there a way in JCL to control the way datasets are printed ( Font size,
> page orientation etc ... ) ?

> I am in an MVS/TSO environment

OttawaGuy,

You might try the newsgroup " bit.listserv.ibm-main".

--
Rick Humburg
BMC Software, MAINVIEW SRM Support

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:58:30 GMT

1. JCL Question about the RC system Variable

2. JCL Question about the RC system Variable

3. JCL Question

4. Mainframe COBOL JCL question

5. JCL Question about the RC system Variable

6. JCL question

7. JCL Question -SL Label Dump - IEHLIST?

8. JCL Question - IEHLIST - Answered, and Thanks!

9. JCL question

10. : JCL question

11. JCL questions - where?

12. JCL question