VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2
Author Message
 VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2

Hi:

I have some VX-REXX programs (PGP Tools, Jasmine FTP, Webwriter) that
break when using Object REXX with OS/2 (work fine with Classic REXX).
Does anybody have any knowledge about what fixes are required to
VX-REXX to enable it to work with Object REXX?

Thanks for any info.

--
Simon Wright
diver 0 6 at attglobal dot net

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:27:09 GMT
 VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2
The original VX-REXX generated syntactically invalid main programs in some
circumstances. Go through the code carefully, and make sure the ENDs match
(they don't in the original). VX-REXX itself needs no fixes, only the
programs it creates need correcting.

Quote:
> Hi:

> I have some VX-REXX programs (PGP Tools, Jasmine FTP, Webwriter) that
> break when using Object REXX with OS/2 (work fine with Classic REXX).
> Does anybody have any knowledge about what fixes are required to
> VX-REXX to enable it to work with Object REXX?

> Thanks for any info.

> --
> Simon Wright
> diver 0 6 at attglobal dot net
> --

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:52:43 GMT
 VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2

Quote:
> The original VX-REXX generated syntactically invalid main programs in some
> circumstances. Go through the code carefully, and make sure the ENDs match
> (they don't in the original). VX-REXX itself needs no fixes, only the
> programs it creates need correcting.

Thanks Mark. So the problem has to be worked on by the individual
developers. Ah well, I guess no easy solutions :-(

--
Simon Wright
diver 0 6 at attglobal dot net
--

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 04:41:52 GMT
 VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2

Quote:
> The original VX-REXX generated syntactically invalid main programs in some
> circumstances. Go through the code carefully, and make sure the ENDs match
> (they don't in the original). VX-REXX itself needs no fixes, only the
> programs it creates need correcting.

I'm posting this again since I didn't see my reply . . . .

Thanks Mark. It doesn't take me much further but I guess I'll start
bugging the authors concerned to perhaps have a look at their code.

Regards,

--
Simon Wright
diver 0 6 at attglobal dot net
--

Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:25:28 GMT
 VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2

My main complaint with the VxRexx  is that, attempts to develop object Rexx
class' and method  which call on VxRexx dialog functions, end in failure

Any Ideas????????????????????????????????????

anyone know how to get around this one

Adrian Suri

Quote:

> > The original VX-REXX generated syntactically invalid main programs in some
> > circumstances. Go through the code carefully, and make sure the ENDs match
> > (they don't in the original). VX-REXX itself needs no fixes, only the
> > programs it creates need correcting.

> I'm posting this again since I didn't see my reply . . . .

> Thanks Mark. It doesn't take me much further but I guess I'll start
> bugging the authors concerned to perhaps have a look at their code.

> Regards,

> --
> Simon Wright
> diver 0 6 at attglobal dot net
> --

Sat, 03 Jan 2004 06:16:20 GMT
 VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2

Quote:
> My main complaint with the VxRexx  is that, attempts to develop object
Rexx
> class' and method  which call on VxRexx dialog functions, end in failure

> Any Ideas????????????????????????????????????

> anyone know how to get around this one

Check the syntax. It should work.

Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:14:48 GMT

1. VXRexx and Object Rexx for OS/2 incompatiblity?

2. Object REXX & VX-REXX under OS/2

3. VX-REXX/REXX dialog trouble in OS/2 w/ FP17

4. Creation of GIF/BMP with REXX and VX-REXX in OS/2

5. Object REXX/VX-REXX DB problems

6. VX-REXX and Object-REXX

7. Object REXX and VX-REXX (Some questions)

8. VX-REXX vs. Object Rexx

9. VX-rexx and Object rexx

10. OS/2 Rexx port to Object Rexx for NT

11. OS/2 Rexx port to Object Rexx for NT

12. OS/2 Object REXX (ORX) - how to get DLL to update REXX variable